||Apr 23, 2021
Permanent, Full time (40 hrs/wk) @ $40.38/hr. Benefits include dental insurance, medical insurance, disability insurance. Reasonable expenses included.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Programmer (NOC 2174) will assist with the implementation of the project’s technical vision with the focus on a very high level of quality and evaluate the technical risks associated with project proposals, development plans and milestone schedules.
Digital Extremes Ltd. (250 York St., Suite 100, London, ON N6A 6K2) seeks Programmer (NOC 2174) to perform the following duties:
- Under supervision of the Lead Programmer, assist in developing and maintaining a fast 3D game engine.
- Write robust, maintainable code as well as clear technical design and specification documents as needed.
- Communicate well with designers and artists to implement and fine-tune game and engine features.
- Work closely with the Lead Programmer to fulfil the primary feature requirements of the game and contribute to the team's goal of reaching the project's vision.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development.
- Encourage an open and free-thinking team atmosphere by accepting and providing direction and feedback to/from other team members.
- Participate with production and development, promoting creative thinking processes within the team and integrating their input to translate the game vision into reality.
- Collaborate with artists and engineers to ensure effective integration of game design, art and technology.
- Ensure the technical quality of the product through tuning and bug fixing.
- Maintain code performance through profiling and optimization.
- Work to company coding standards.
- Report to and deliver work on time and according to schedule as prepared by the Producer.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math or equivalent experience.
- 2 years experience in programming/engineering development.
- 2 years experience in software development (minimum 1 year experience in game development).
- Experience developing for modern game systems.
- Excellent programming skills in C++, Python, Lua, and Maya.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”.
We summon you to join our elite team! The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
Excellent benefits and paid time off
Matching RRSP plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Professional development and career support
Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this opportunity directly on our website: https://can59.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/59. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Digital Extremes Ltd.
250 York St. Suite 100
London, Ontario N6A 6K2