This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jun 02, 2021
Production and Warehouse Assistant
Full Time July & August 2021
(Summer Student Job)
Curiosity Box is a Canadian subscription box business curating themed craft and educational boxes for
kids and adults monthly. Our mission is to build creative minds through discovery, creativity and
exploration, equipping families and their kids to create a lifetime of learning and memories together.
Our boxes ship around the world helping families get kids off screens.
For a view into our world, please visit our website: www.curiosityboxkids.com
About the Position
Curiosity Box is seeking a high energy team-oriented Warehouse Assistant. We are looking for an
individual who takes pride in their work, enjoys variety and who is detailed oriented. The candidate
would be joining a dedicated team that would welcome and mentor an individual that is looking to
learn, develop and grow. Your role is to assist and support our production team in all aspects of the
REPORTING & RELATIONSHIPS
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer competitive hourly wages, with the benefit of working with a team of highly engaged
individuals that are passionate about their work.
- General Manager
- Directly reporting to the Assistant Production and Ecommerce Coordinator
- You will work directly with our internal production team daily
- You will work indirectly with our supply chain and venders
- $14.25/hr. to 15.00/hr. based on experience
- Casual dress
- Free coffee, tea, and water in the lunchroom
- Lots of room for company growth within this position
- Not available for this position
- Personal protective equipment provided as required
- Health screen at start of each shift
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing and disinfecting procedures in place
- Split shift breaks in effect
You love helping others succeed in their role. You have effective interpersonal skills and are a flexible
team player that can adapt quickly to changes. You are an excellent communicator and are very
detailed oriented, not letting any detail past your sights. You are self-motivated, take initiative and are
dependable. Your team can always count on you because you are super organized, always on time, and
exceed all your deadlines. You are joy to work with and like to have fun but can still focus on the task at
- Assist in shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise and matching purchase orders to sales orders.
- Reading purchase orders to determine items to be moved, gathered and/or shipped.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Assist in screen printing or embroidery as required.
- Prepare and ship customer orders daily
- Sorting, labelling and stocking packages for inventory
- Order prep including, creating craft kits, sealing bags, packaging individual supplies, and kitboxes for shipment
- Organizing and cleaning warehouse and work areas for orderliness at all times.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance tasks such building shelving, creating workstations and more
- Setting up and tearing down workstations, tables and equipment as required.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Must be a returning high school and/or post-secondary school student in September 2021
- Proven success in previous job roles
- Proven self-starter and ability to adapt to change
- Great communication skills
- Ability to do light to moderate lifting (up to 60lbs)
- Top notch organizational skills and project management skills
- Proven success working in a team environment
Position Success Traits
- Exposure to general labour duties
- Familiarity with fast paced environments and understands humility and urgency to all they do
- Previous experience with safety procedures in the workplace
- Previous experience in the manufacturing sector (Ie. Warehouse and/or production environment)
FLEXIBILITY / ADAPTABILITY
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Uses effective tools and techniques to communicate information internally and externally.
- Listens actively.
PLANNING / ORGANIZATION SKILLS / TIME MANAGEMENT
- Adjusts own behaviors to work successfully in light of new information, and/or changingdirection and environments.
- Is willing to adapt and do what is necessary to get the desired results.
- Remains positive when faced with unexpected events.
- Adapts well to and supports change.
- Accepts changing priorities and direction.
ATTENTION TO DETAILS
- Sets the right priorities when completing projects and tasks.
- Monitor’s progress and makes necessary corrections.
- Controls interruptions.
- Accomplishes work in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly accomplishes tasks with the utmost attention placed on accuracy in all areas involved, no matter how small.
- Monitors and double checks information to produce consistently error-free work.
- Adheres to procedures and standards.
- Possesses a strong ability to focus on tasks and priorities amidst continuous distractions.
COMPOSURE / EMOTIONAL MATURITY
- Demonstrates a high level of dependability in all aspects of the job.
- Demonstrates punctuality and a sense of trust and reliability.
- Shows commitment and dedication to complete tasks on time and with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Email your cover letter and resume in one PDF file by June 14, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the following in the subject line or your application may not reach us properly:
- Maintains composure when provoked, under intense pressure, or faced with multiple priorities.
- Restrains emotional impulses and responds calmly.
- Understands how one’s actions affect others.
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only—no fax or mail applications please—and request
that you do not phone.
All applicants will receive an automated email response confirming receipt of their application
Due to the high number of applications, we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview
will be contacted. Periodic updates regarding recent postings may be published on our website Careers
page once the application deadline has passed.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Curiosity Box.
- Your first and last name
- Job Title “Production and Warehouse Assistant”
- Position number CB-PA-061421