||Jun 03, 2021
As a company in the Timberland Group, TIMBERLAND EQUIPMENT LIMITED is a Canadian-owned, entrepreneurial, globally recognized company located in Woodstock, Ontario, where we are a fully operational facility with sales, engineering, and manufacturing departments all under one roof.
We are looking for an Estimator - Application Specialist. This is a full-time position with an attractive compensation package for the right candidate.
The Application Specialist is responsible for product cost estimating, proposal and specification preparation, and supporting Business Development Managers and customers as required. Significant liaison with Business Development managers, engineering and manufacturing is required. The position summary is to be used as a guideline only and may not incorporate all functions of the job.
BY JOINING OUR TEAM YOU WILL
- Read and evaluate customer specifications and terms & conditions of inquiry
- Determine with engineering, General Sales Manager, the equipment/concept to be quoted
- Review customer conditions and terms with General Sales Manager
- Estimate the material for the product quoted and consolidate with the engineering and manufacturing estimates
- Review specification, sales literature and drawing as required; if none available, prepare technical specification and/or drawing required
- Prepare written commercial proposals
- Create and maintain detailed price list with appropriate back-up detailed estimates for equipment items
- Maintain standard pricing on selected equipment within product line of responsibility
- Communicate with customers when referred or in Business Development Manager’s absence
- Prepare letters, proposals and specifications as required
- Ensure customer queries are answered in a timely fashion
- Distribute and retrieve customer satisfaction surveys in a timely manner
- Initiate sales order requisitions, clarifying any uncertainties
- Liaise with engineering and manufacturing including organizing and leading the “kick-off” meeting to ensure equipment supplied meets specification
- Liaise with purchasing on buy items
- Assist in organization, composition and editing of promotional material including literature
- Ensure photographs are taken of equipment prior to shipment
- Work with General Sales Manager and engineering to cost potential new products
- Provide input and suggestions for new products/improvements
ATTRIBUTES WE SEEK:
- Gain experience in a medium sized company designing and building custom equipment; a company who successfully competes with the large, multi-national corporations
- Build skills in sales engineering and technical proposal writing with the opportunity to develop your skills in outside sales or design should you wish
- Get valuable work experience and exposure to sales, engineering and manufacturing
- Witness and be hands-on with design/build/testing of our equipment
- Gain an understanding of the full circle of design, from concept generation to market implementation and beyond
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, your application will not consider.
Qualified applicants may email resumes quoting “Estimator” in the subject line to email@example.com
Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Due to the volume of resumes received we kindly ask that you do not call regarding the status of your resume.
No recruiters please.
- Post-secondary education in engineering technology or business or equivalent work experience
- 2 – 3 years of experience estimating/inside sales in a manufacturing environment, with a mechanical aptitude required
- Experience with hydraulic systems and electrical drive control systems an asset
- Proven sense of urgency in completing tasks
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, and effectively manage assignments
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Experience with diverse and custom order products
- Proven ability to work independently and with minimal supervision