Title: Senior Software Developer
Location: Canada Remote
Please apply at https://www.jdpower.com/business/careers/jobs?gh_jid=4936524002
The Sr. Cloud Software Developer contributes to all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle through the analysis, design, implementation, verification, and maintenance of software solutions in cloud environments. This role works closely with Delivery Unit stakeholders to review requirements, validate designs, create work estimates, develop software, and verify product releases. The Sr. Cloud Software Developer also works in close collaboration with the Software Development Team Lead to define and implement best practices across all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Design and code complex software applications from business and technical specifications
- Develop, execute, and review unit, component, and integration level tests to verify requirements are met
- Ensure coding standards and product quality targets are met through the completion of code reviews
- Investigate and resolve complex technical issues for assigned projects
- Support the professional development of junior team members through coaching and mentoring
- Enable continuous improvement across the SDLC through the introduction of new technologies and processes
- Create and review technical and end user product documentation
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree
- Deep understanding of AWS or similar cloud platforms including hands-on implementation experience
- 5+ years professional experience in custom development, ERP implementation, and project management
- 5+ years professional experience in multiple IT disciplines such as software architecture and development
- 5+ years professional experience in solution architecture and technology team leadership
- Experience with microservice architecture utilizing containerization with Docker or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with non-relational database design and development such as Elasticsearch, Redshift, or BigQuery
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, data, analytics, and advisory services that helps clients drive growth and profitability. The company’s industry benchmarks and reputation for independence and integrity have established it as one of the world’s most well-known and trusted brands.
Truth that Transforms: At J.D. Power, we amplify the voice of the consumer, and help brands improve the value of their products and services. Our capabilities empower everyone in the global commerce ecosystem, enabling better purchase decisions – and better business results. We understand that the customer experience is vital and that simply measuring it is not enough. Our analysts focus on driving results that improve customer loyalty and advocacy. Our success is driven by how much we help companies improve the customer experience. But data is only as powerful as the analysis and insights tied to it—and we put that power in the hands of our clients through our interactive reporting platforms. The data, analytics, insights, best practices, and action plans clients need are available whenever and wherever they need them, to help them make data-driven decisions that will improve their customer experience and drive positive financial results.
J.D. Power’s recruitment efforts are aligned with the company's commitment to provide opportunities rooted in diversity, inclusion, and equality.
Our Vision: To be the leader in providing advanced data solutions that empower industry transformation.
Our Mission: We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
Our Values: We are Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.