This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 20, 2020
||College Diploma (3 years)
Givens Engineering is a custom manufacturer of cranes, manipulators, and other material-handling machinery located on Veterans Parkway in London. We're looking for an accounting manager to handle the finances of our Canadian and US operations with a hands-on role with Quickbooks.
We have a large shop employing 50 in London, a smaller operation employing 7 in Perrysburg, Ohio and a sales office in Huntsville Alabama. We employ welders, machinists, assemblers, electricians, designers, engineers and a sales staff to create custom machinery.
Your work would include:
This is not a strictly supervisory position! You would work alongside the other 2 accounting staff doing day-to-day financial entries. You would report to the company owner. Year-end CRA income tax is handled by an outside accounting firm.
The work is full-time and permanent. We offer a benefits package and pension plan. We value a long-term relationship.
-College Diploma or University Degree in accounting
-CGA, CMA, CA or CPA accounting designation is preferred
-accounting experience is necessary, ideally 5 years or greater
-experience with Excel; creation and alteration of spreadsheets is routine
-experience with Quickbooks
-strong written and verbal communication skills
-familiarity with year-end procedures in a mid-sized environment
- Full cycle accounting using Quickbooks to manage company data
- Monthly bank reconciliations and daily monitoring of bank activities
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, including all invoicing, following up on overdue accounts, etc.
- Preparing payroll
- Working in both CDN and USD to support our operations on both sides of the border
- Regular correspondence with purchasing staff to ensure smooth flow of information
- Tracking data relating to sales activities
- Accurately logging time for hourly employees
- Direct supervision of 2 support accounting staff, one in London and the other in Perrysburg
- Human resources activities involving the hiring and dismissal of employees
- Preparing internal reporting packages for the ownership, bank, and third-party accountant
- Preparing the year-end package for external accountant in accordance with ASPE
- Adhering to company reporting practices and suggesting new initiatives to help streamline accounting processes
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the office
- Other duties as required
Please email a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org