Agilus is currently recruiting for a full-time Payroll &Benefits Coordinator for our client in London ON in the health & wellness industry.
The successful candidate will complete all payroll administration functions including, but not limited to:
- inputting new employee set-up information into the Ceridian Dayforce payroll system and managing changes in the system,
- reviewing and verifying input batches for hourly and salary staff, auditing and ensuring accuracy of time and attendance data,
- liaising with the Managed Service Provider (Ceridian) to address any payroll issues and maintaining employee records for payroll purposes.
- Reconciling and remitting monthly payroll deductions (i.e. WSIB, EHT, OMERS and union dues.)
This position will work closely with the Human Resources team to ensure all employee payroll information is correct and up to date, including increment increases, retroactive pay, and any pay adjustments as required. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for the day to day administration of the employee benefit plans and Ontario Municipal Employee's Retirement system (OMERS) pension plan and ensuring accuracy of these administration systems. They will act as a key resource regarding the benefit plan interpretation and application. The position is work-from-home, primarily.
Can you check these boxes?
- Completion of Post-Secondary education in business or finance.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation through the Canadian Payroll Association is required.
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation would be an asset.
- 2-3 years of related experience in payroll.
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains) an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of pension and employee benefit contract maintenance and administration; specifically, the OMERS pension plan would be an asset
- Superior financial, analytical, and statistical skills, with a good knowledge of current applicable legislation
- Demonstrate proficiency using MS Office Suite, specifically MS Excel.
- Ability to plan and work independently, and ability to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate courteously and effectively, both orally and in writing
Job Type: Full time, Contract
Work Hours: 8am-4pm Monday-Friday
Compensation: $38.03 hourly
Please submit your resume email@example.com immediate consideration
We encourage you to visit Agilus regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Accommodations for job applications with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternate format available upon request.