Full-time permanent position
Talbotville, Ontario (Rural location)
Process & IT Manager
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. In order to help us accomplish this goal, we need to hire motivated passionate people that will support our workforce and facilities. We are seeking custodians to keep our employee facilities clean and sanitized throughout each work day. The custodian will be responsible for keeping a running inventory of cleaning and sanitizing supplies including some PPE materials and submit purchasing requests when supplies run low. The custodian will be part of a 4-person custodial department working on a 7-day rotational shift schedule.
Maintain cleanliness and sanitization of all employee facilities through the scheduled workday including:
- Lunchrooms, washrooms, locker rooms, offices, floors, glass, garbage and recycling removal.
- Manage sanitizing stations throughout the facility.
- Sanitizing greenhouse equipment elements that are handled by human hands.
- Ensure employee area floors are cleaned by either mop/pail or floor scrubbing equipment.
- Seasonal cleaning like windows, employee patios, entrances.
- Use of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Adhere to the company’s safety policies to create a safe work environment for everyone.
- Perform routine cleaning tasks based on a schedule created by the facility management team.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a janitorial role preferred but not required.
- Comfortable bending, kneeling, twisting, and squatting while performing custodial tasks.
- Ability to follow both verbal and written directions accurately.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
How to Apply
- Exposure to outdoors, inside greenhouse and office environments.
- May be seasonally hot.
- Need to be willing to work on rotational shifts and weekends when scheduled.
- Lifting or moving up to 30lbs may be required.
- Work hours may vary depending on business needs.
Submit your cover letter and resume by:
**Only those meeting the requirements will be considered. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources via the methods above or at 519-637-2119.