||Feb 11, 2020
We have an exciting opportunity for an innovative and experienced Embedded Developer who's interested in working on cutting-edge technologies to join our client’s team in London, Ontario on a full-time basis.
Working with a highly motivated team you will use your technical expertise to assist in the development of processes, procedures, and policies for electronics and software resiliency in automotive applications.
Your duties will also include:
• Work with Controls team to take Matlab models to final code-base
• Create structured, well-documented, object-oriented, modern code
• Strong desire to work within a robust test environment
• Project builds from concept through requirements and design before code is written
• Code implementation through pragmatic application of loose and strict requirements
• High level of expertise and/or interest in code repositories, versioning, & coding standards
• Design and develop efficient embedded applications using C/C++.
• Development using platforms including Window CE/Embedded and Linux
• Participate in peer and design reviews
• Build applications for State Machine
• In order to qualify for this role, you will have a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or a related field along with 3 - 5 years’ experience.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Bachelor of Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar. Candidates with exceptional relevant experience will also be considered.
• Minimum 5 years of professional embedded software development (x86/64 and ARM)
• Demonstrated expertise in C/C++
• Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) design and/or model driven development
• Experience with serial protocols for communication and logging
• Testing and debugging skills
• Knowledge of vehicle communication network protocols (SAE J1939, TCP/IP, UDP)
• Ability to participate in concept, UI, and feature development
• Aptitude in hardware selection
• Matlab / Simulink experience
• Architecture, design, implementation, and deployment
• Full SDLC experience
• Two or more of Microsoft Visual Studio, Code Warrior, Eclipse, etc
• Build Automation
• Git and Bitbucket
• Ability to travel (5% Cdn) and (5% US & Int'l) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
• Must have or be able to obtain and maintain Canadian Secret Level clearance.
• Control theory / Mechatronics
• Good experience in Linux
• Real-time systems
• Vehicle systems
• Safety Critical Systems – (i.e. ISO 26262/MISRA)
• Cyber Security – (i.e. SAE J3061)
• Agile, V-Model, Atlassian Suite
• Development experience with Qt, Xamarin Forms, Windows Forms
If you have the necessary qualifications to excel in this position, please apply online.
I can be reached at 519-679-7539 or email@example.com
While we at Randstad Engineering appreciate all applicants who apply, only those selected for a preliminary interview will be contacted.
Application Contact Information