Drake International is now interviewing Personal Injury Law Clerks to join a growing firm located in the core of the city. Our client offers a competitive salary, benefits, RRSP and great work environment.
We are seeking a candidate with a minimum of 5 year's experience as a Law Clerk with proven knowledge of Personal Injury Law. In this role, you will be hired directly by our client's team on a full time, permanent basis at their London office.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The main responsibilities of this role include both the tort and AB work on all files:
- administrative tasks for Plaintiff Personal Injury files from open to close including primary contact between team and client;
- information intake, conflict searches (colds calls/potential new clients);
- prepare initial client documents (retainer, authorizations/directions etc.);
- prepare/process accounts;
- maintain an effective BF system;
- paper and electronic file maintenance in DMS/PrimaFact;
- draft correspondence;
- organize and summarize documentation, e.g. medical records;
- serve client productions/medical documents to Tort and Accident Benefits Adjuster;
- maintain Statutory Accident Benefit files and special damages lists;
- request documentation from various care providers;
- communicate regularly via fax/phone/e-mail with clients (and their family members), AB adjusters, and our clients’ treatment providers;
- maintain/update AB status chart (internal chart used for tracking OCF-18s, expenses, etc.);
- prepare and file Applications for Case Conferences/Hearings with the License Appeal Tribunal (LAT) when disputes over benefits/treatment arise with the insurance company;
- assist lawyers with settlement discussions and LAT mediations;
- provide medical brief to Assessment Centre re: Insurer examinations;
- identifying and requesting documentation necessary for claim from healthcare providers, employers, educational facilities etc.
Qualifications and Skills
This position requires a well-organized person, with strong attention to detail and deadlines, a good working knowledge of the Medical/Personal Injury law, as well as a strong proficiency in Caselogistix and Primafact. The candidate must be able to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Above market, competitive salary
- Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision after 3 months probationary period
Interested candidates, please submit your resume for consideration. While we appreciate all applications, only those who meet the specific requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing, naturally evolving to offer a dynamic suite of Talent Management Solutions. Our mission is to create opportunities for people and increase organization's bottom line, through maximizing the potential of human capital assets.
Thank you for your interest to be a part of our Top Talent group. To ensure that you get notified of the new hot jobs we post every day on our website, join the Drake Talent Networks. It's free, simple and quick.