Manager of Accounting
Founded in 2002, Ontario Plants Propagation Limited aims to be North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. Our customers put their trust in us to provide premium-quality vegetable plants year-round. To achieve this, we must hire motivated & passionate people that support our workforce and facilities.
We are looking for a Manager of Accounting to join our finance team. In this role, you will manage and perform financial reporting, accounting, forecasting, budgeting, expense management, and other core financial elements of the company. This position implements and executes accounting policies & procedures and ensures effective internal controls are complied with. This role will work with the Director of Finance to ensure that the necessary financial infrastructure and financial reporting are provided & performed in accordance with established timelines.
Full-time permanent position
Talbotville, Ontario (Rural location)
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Manage and perform account reconciliations, bank reconciliations, month-end closing procedures
- Maintain the financial components of the ERP system
- Manage inventory counts and controls
- Execute risk mitigation functions including but not limited to cash flow, AR, credit, foreign exchange, interest rate, price, fraud
- Payment processing - cheque runs, bill payments, wires, expense reports
- Perform day-to-day activities with banks, lenders, insurers, auditors
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare the financial reporting and analysis of financial and operational data for the company
- Assist with developing, implementing, maintaining, and performing procedures to improve efficiency of financial functions, internal controls, and accuracy of financial reporting in accordance with appropriate accounting standards
- Assist with the production of internal and external monthly reports
- Assist with preparing the annual budget and rolling forecasts as required
- Assist with the design, development, and maintenance of financial planning systems
- Assist with the annual plan, related processes and analyze data
Knowledge / Abilities
- Manage & perform the completion of the bi-weekly payroll, payroll administration & compliance functions
- Assist with company benefit programs and tracking of employment statistics
- Work with the HR department in the execution and maintenance of policies in compliance with applicable employment standards and laws and in compliance with Temporary Foreign Worker program regulations/laws
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate leadership needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, integrity, and patience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent time management
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications and ability to quickly learn/adapt to new productivity tools
- Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
Salary / Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
Submit your resume and salary expectations to:
Mail: 38024 John Wise Line, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 3T2
Subject title: Manager of Accounting
Fax: 519 637 2449
This role is classified as an agriculture employee / farm employee. See the following link for more details about this classification from ESA http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/factsheets/fs_agri.php
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources via the methods above or at 519-637-2119.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements will be considered.
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd has a mandatory vaccination policy to safeguard the health and safety of our employees and to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. All employees must be vaccinated against the virus that causes COVID-19 or provide documentation for a medical exemption or other protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
- Degree/Diploma in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum five years experience in a finance or accounting role
- Experience in the greenhouse industry, an asset but not required