Join the Team at PRA Group Canada - London, Ontario
PRA Group Canada is actively recruiting candidates to fill our next Recovery Specialist training session, tentatively scheduled for Monday, June 22, 2020.
Recruiting Full-time Recovery Specialists
Who is PRA Group Canada?
PRA Group Canada is one of the most established organizations within the Debt Acquisition and Collection Industry in Canada. Our Company purchases portfolios from leading financial services organizations, and then recovers the accounts through a customer focused set of strategies and practices. It is PRA Group Canada’s mission to offer nonperforming loan solutions to customers in a respectful, ethical way. We go the extra mile to ensure the experience of all original account owners is professional, flexible and customer oriented.
What does a typical workday look like for a Recovery Specialist?
Reporting to an Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible to manage inbound and outbound telephone calls related to consumer files. Compliance and customer service are key components of this role. A typical workday would include the following:
Contacting customers who have accounts with PRA Group Canada;
- Negotiating repayment solutions on outstanding accounts through an automated dialer system, as well as some manual dialing
- Guiding customers to resume payment plans; and when appropriate, offering existing customers new repayment solutions
Other responsibilities that promote success;
- Handling sensitive customer situations in a professional and respectful manner
- Verifying and updating account information once contact has been made with the right party
- Effectively managing the System of Record
- Meeting established revenue and other performance targets on a monthly basis
What qualifications are required to be considered for this position?
- Attending, participating and leveraging information from training sessions, team meetings and coaching sessions as provided by PRA
- Complying with all company policies, values and applicable legislation
- Sharing new and successful recovery strategies with your Operations Supervisor, so employees can learn from each other and better themselves
- Grade 12 High School Diploma
- Post-secondary education in a related field an asset (business, legal, credit)
- Strong negotiation skills essential
- Sales and/or collection experience
- Previous sales experience in a high volume, metrics driven, transactional environment
- Competitive and motivated to achieve additional compensation through strong collection achievement
- Customer focused
- Able and satisfied to work in a structured environment, at a workstation, with repetitive work, using a computer, telephone and headset
- Computer literate: strong keyboarding and internet navigation skills
- Flexibility to work within operating hours (days, evenings and some Saturday afternoons)
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written), fluent in English, a 2nd language is an asset
What’s great about working for PRA Group Canada?
- Pass criminal background check
What type of scheduling does PRA Group Canada offer?
- PRA Group Canada values its employees by offering a total rewards program, including: competitive hourly wage based on experience, lucrative monthly bonus program, 3 weeks’ vacation to start, 5 paid days of sick/family responsibility leave, group health and dental program, pension plan, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program
- There is the potential of monthly bonus earnings from your first day of employment as a Recovery Specialist. Our track record with fully trained, skilled, engaged and successful Recovery Specialists is average monthly bonus earnings of $1800.00 and greater!
- Innovative programs that promote teamwork, positive morale and employee recognition
- A workplace culture where the company success is derived from the efforts of all our talented and hardworking employees
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- A culture that promotes work-life balance
This role is suitable for motivated individuals able to commit to full-time employment.
The initial training program is mandatory and runs Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Your weekly schedule with PRA Group Canada will consist of 2 day shifts (9:00 am-5:00 pm); 2 evening shifts (1:00 pm–9:00 pm); Fridays (9:00 am–5:00 pm); and 1 Saturday afternoon per month (12:00 pm– 4:00pm).
How do you join this great team?
Our first priority at this unprecedented time is the health and safety of our employees. As such, the start date for the training program may be moved out depending on the guidance from the Ontario Government and Health Care Professionals.
If you are ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by May 25, 2020 via email to:
We thank all applicants for their interest; and will contact those selected to participate in the interview process.
We are compliant with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) legislation. Accommodations will be provided upon request.