WAREHOUSE & DISTRIBUTION MANAGER
This position, based in St Thomas, will report to a Senior Manager and will be an important contributor to our organization’s growth aspirations in this segment. The successful candidate will be tasked with supporting the operations of Dowler-Karn’s lubricant facility along with its dedicated staff of 8 employees. A variety of products are stored and delivered from this facility, including Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF), along with packaged and bulk lubricants. As a regional distributor of Mobil lubricants for Imperial Oil, a wide variety of customer types across the commercial, motor vehicle and industrial sectors are serviced through an extensive line of Mobil products.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a dynamic, ambitious and enthusiastic hands-on individual looking for a career with a vibrant and growth-oriented company.
Bulk and Packaged Lubricant Products
Qualifications and Skills:
- Will provide overall stewardship of a 42,000 square foot distribution centre.
- Will be key distribution contact for all lubricants division enquiries, managing both external and internal customer requirements.
- Will oversee all the equipment, manpower, and materials required for the lubricants division of Dowler-Karn Limited housed at this core facility.
- Will manage the day-to-day operations related to bulk and packaged product inventory including ensuring that all activities are done so with an emphasis on safety, efficiency, product integrity, and optimizing the resources required to do so.
- Will interact with customers in an effective manner to meet their needs, including providing strong support and guidance for our largest lubricants customers, our branches, and assigned Imperial Oil customers.
- Will supervise and support up to 8 direct reports including drivers and warehouse support staff.
- Will ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and any government regulatory requirements.
- Will anticipate, identify, prioritize and resolve/eliminate problems through effective delivery planning and scheduling.
- Will work with front-line personnel to assist where needed to generate new business and to maintain existing customer relationships.
- Will be customer facing and able to take a leadership position with sales counterparts in addressing to customer inquiries.
- Will work with team to oversee shipping and receiving functions and the accurate and timely delivery of quality service.
- Will be the key person overseeing operational functions to include logistics, scheduling of deliveries, data processing and customer service.
- Will act as a liaison with representatives of Exxon Mobil/ Imperial Oil, our lubricants supplier and other distributors in the region.
- Will maintain safe operation of our fleet, including working with Fleet Manager and Repair Shop Team Leader for scheduling maintenance.
- Will provide leadership and build a strong team environment through accessibility and responsiveness.
- Will assist in maximizing lubricant and packaged goods sales in partnership with marketing and sales teams. Currently there is a sales manager and 3 customer account representatives who work with the Lubricants Distribution Centre to satisfy customer demands.
- Will assist in learning, teaching and role modeling proper customer service and will ensure the overall customer's experience and service meets or exceeds established Company standards.
- Will effectively manage lubricant inventories and related back orders. This will include confirming that orders have been filled accurately, ensuring detailed documentation is maintained, and ensuring efficient on-time delivery of products to customers.
- Will ensure compliance to contractual obligations such as Imperial Oil’s LMS (Learning Management System), DPICMs (Distributor product integrity management system) & D-net (IOL’s Distributor network for all info and updates) & Ace (IOL’s ordering and sales system).
- 5 years of previous materials, distribution and warehousing management experience. Logistics or supply chain management experience and/or education would be beneficial.
- Post secondary education in a related field is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven leadership/ supervisory ability.
- Knowledge of bulk and packaged lubricants and other petroleum derived products in the oil industry is an asset but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Strong computer and data management skills are required, including Microsoft Office knowledge.
- Must demonstrate effective problem-solving skills along with attention to detail.
- Must be well organized and manage time well. Working under pressure.
- Must be flexible with regard to scheduled hours as work week may exceed 40 hours per week.
- Must effectively work in a dynamic team environment and have the flexibility to adapt to frequent change.
- Experience or knowledge of delivery forecasting tools and inventory management is required.
- Must be reliable and punctual, as well as have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and sometimes stressful environment.
- Must have strong organizational skills, able to keep accurate, complete records for future reference
- Experience within a quality system (ISO9000 / TS16949) would be an asset.
Dowler-Karn Limited places great importance on serving our employees and customers. As a successful family run business that has been in operation for over 75 years, Dowler-Karn operates based on the core values of service, integrity, and community responsibility.
We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Dowler-Karn is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs throughout all parts of the hiring process.
Please note that only those individuals selected for an interview.