Huron invites applications for the position of Digital Marketer.
Huron is completely unique to post-secondary institutions in Canada. With the aim to redefine Liberal Arts education, Huron is creating a university experience unlike any other that prioritizes ethical leadership and community engagement, as much as the pursuit of academic achievement.
As the founding institution of Western University, since 1863, Huron has remained strategically small to best serve the needs of its students. We provide an elite, yet accessible, education, because every student with the passion and work ethic to positively change our world deserves to access the knowledge to understand it and the skills to shape it. Huron’s mission is to develop Leaders with Heart from all backgrounds and foster a vibrant and inclusive community and prepare students to be engaged citizens who transform the sectors they work within. Our commitment to providing the best-possible Liberal Arts education means students have many unique opportunities to enrich their learning experiences.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, Huron is seeking an experienced Digital Marketer who would be responsible for the execution, and continuous improvement of the Huron’s digital marketing campaigns. The Digital Marketer will work on digital advertising campaigns, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), email campaigns, content creation, platform management and more.
This role with be responsible for the ongoing performance of digital advertising efforts, ensuring the execution follows appropriate operational processes, pre-defined scopes and budgets. The Digital Marketer is responsible for planning, deployment, analyzing data, providing insight and continually refining campaigns to help Huron hit key performance indicators (KPIs) and other marketing goals.
- Coordinate and manage social advertising, Google Ads and programmatic advertising campaigns.
- Coordinate and manage advanced applications of web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics and Search Console).
- Further Huron’s online reach with Performance Marketing campaigns that drive conversions.
- Create and manage strategic digital advertising campaigns, monitor their performance and optimize them for results.
- Contribute to creative and strategic thinking through conception and execution of ideas, as they relate to Huron’s digital presence, that drive success.
- Research and evaluate the best programmatic avenues, including campaign creation and execution.
- Hands-on execution management and reporting of day-to-day performance of campaigns.
- Monitor and adjust the media spend to reach budgets but practice diligence to not exceed.
- Maintain an update to date knowledge of SEO best practices to implement at Huron.
- Optimize and manage Google My Business pages.
- Assist in management of day-to-day activity of Huron’s official social accounts.
- Use various third-party digital marketing specific software tools to help improve the effectiveness of our digital marketing solutions.
- Coordinate collaboratively with designated team members (Huron writers, graphics and multimedia team members and cross-departmental).
- When needed, assist in implementing and launching e-mail marketing campaigns.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in digital advertising and marketing within Agency and / or higher education experience would be considered an asset.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program (college or university) in a relevant field (e.g., marketing, digital marketing, business management).
- Excellent competency in Facebook Ad platforms, Google Ads / Search Console and Google Analytics.
- Excellent competency of various digital campaigns (specifically Lead Generation, Brand Awareness).
- Must have knowledge of SEM/PPC/CPM Trends.
- Google Analytics and Google Ads certifications considered an asset.
- Completion of Google Tag Manager course.
- Strong ability to problem solve, plan, strategize and support the fulfillment of KPIs and ultimate digital goals of Huron.
- Finds a fast-paced environment thrilling.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Above average skillset in Microsoft Office's suite (Word and Excel).
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent knowledge in branding and design principles.
- Must thrive from generating new and clear advertising ideas and concepts from beginning to end.
- Well-honed and developed interpersonal skills to represent Huron professionally within and externally of Huron.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively and use good judgement in all decisions.
- An open, inviting and approachable personality that allows the opportunity to build meaningful, trusting relationships.
- A strong willingness to participate fully in a team environment.
- Ability to work with diverse communities with respect, sensitivity, creativity, innovation, and cultural understanding.
- Experience working with Photography and/or video capture and editing considered an asset.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their application by Tuesday, July 14, 2020 at 11:59pm
. Letters of application, a current resume, including three references, and a sample portfolio should be submitted in confidence to Huron:
1349 Western Road
London, ON, N6G 1H3
Huron values its place in an interconnected world and desires to reflect this value, acknowledging our responsibility to strive towards a diverse and equitable employment and educational environment that recognizes the inherent worth and dignity of every person. We encourage applications from qualified members of the four designated groups, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Applications from all qualified individuals are invited; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given hiring priority. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected to proceed in the competition will be contacted. Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact Huron by phone at 519-438-7224
or at the email address above.