This role is a champion and resource within the senior leadership team in the promotion of personal wellness choices and is the monitor for regulatory compliance and risk assessment related to lifestyle and care services.
As a key leader with an active presence at each location, the Wellness and Lifestyle manager continually seeks to identify, recognize and adopt innovations that support Sifton’s mission of creating outstanding customer experiences within hospitality services, health and wellness services and resident/ tenant engagement.
The Wellness and Lifestyle Manager is a leader in supporting team members and executing the retirement living strategic business plans, promoting Sifton’s retirement living and ensuring lifestyle and care services are well integrated and practiced to exceed customer expectations, ORCA guidelines, RHRA regulations and professional standards within all locations.
This position will report to Director, Retirement Living.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at 519-434-1000.
How you will make an impact:
• Customer: Create and maintain an environment of compassion and openness, safety and security for the residents/ tenants and their significant primary support member that promotes a healthy lifestyle in aging and wellness at all times. This means initiating and implementing improvements to practices to cultivate and maintain a strong customer experience.
• Communicates the corporate vision and goals to each Residence to foster a sense of enthusiasm, self-worth, and team spirit among the communities
• Compliance: Be knowledgeable and remain current regarding any legislation and regulations applicable to the general operations of licensed Retirement Residences and executes policy and practice continuity related to wellness and care services specifically: the Medecare electronic care planning and documentation; eMAR Medication administration management, Incident, Complaint and Quality Improvement processes, ensuring compliance standards for each area of discipline is maintained.
• Wellness: Develop, coordinate, implement, monitor, and evaluate wellness and lifestyle initiatives and related risk assessments to ensure a quality driven execution of support services to residents and to uphold RHRA and College of Nurses of Ontario standards.
• Culture: Develop a strong performance driven accountability culture through best practice meetings and educational support materials/ logistics to ensure implementation and follow through as needed for each location site as a leader in the Visions For Improving Performance (VIP) quality program.
• Communication: Work collaboratively with industry providers to coordinate resident services and team development including but not limited to: external care partners, pharmacy services, physio, foot care, incontinence, short stay programs, massage, audiology, denturists, and first aid training.
• Act as resource and on-site support in turnover/recruitment, education, orientation of: Residence leadership team members and front-line team members as required. Responsible for ensuring residences have sufficient resources to support care services.
• Counsel: Act as a resource for the Residence’s leadership team for regional LHINs, ORCA, Public Health, and any other related agencies.
• Act as a resource for Residences in matters regarding professional clinical issues related to the promotion of wellness services to promote optimal lifestyle.
• Executes related policy development to support quality outcomes and operational consistency by leading as Chairperson the Best Practice Committees for: Wellness and Recreation.
As part of the Sifton Family, we offer:
Company Wide online Recognition Program; Employee Celebrations
Team Building Activities; Social Clubs
Sifton = Live, Work, Play
You are a Leader:
• Strong interpersonal relationship building skills of listening and validating information required.
• Proven ability to foster and develop high performance amongst team members focusing on the customer relationship and best results in service outcomes.
• Ability to work independently and be self-directed, available for on-call and to work flexible hours in a variety of Residences in Southwestern Ontario.
• Participate in industry organizations related to Seniors Living
You live the Wellness & Lifestyle Mantra:
• Advanced knowledge of senior support services related to promotion of healthy living in an aggregate setting
• You plan wellness programs for residents daily living, considering and addressing for memory loss; nutrition; physical and mental wellbeing; social and psychological engagement; and community resources.
You are an RPN:
• Current Ontario College of Nurses registration and membership in good standing
• A sound knowledge of Retirement Homes Act and College of Nurses standards of practice.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional leadership experience in the retirement/ senior services sector
• Experience to lead Infection Prevention and Control program for the Residences
And you excel with this too:
• Proficiency in oral and written communication, Microsoft Office & Excel computer skills.
• Proficiency in computerized care planning and E Mar systems.
• Valid drivers’ license and dependable vehicle are required.
• Manage with a flexible work schedule.
Please apply online - https://sifton.com/careers/job_details.php?jobcode=2656