Marketing and Creative Assistant
Full Time July & August 2021
(Summer Student Job) - Position has not been filled extended from June 14 to June 16 to apply
Curiosity Box is a Canadian subscription box business curating themed craft and educational boxes for kids and adults, monthly. Our mission is to build creative minds through discovery, creativity and exploration, equipping families and their kids to create a lifetime of learning and memories together. Our boxes ship around the world helping families engage with kids off screens.
For a view into our world, please visit our website: www.curiosityboxkids.com
About the Position
Curiosity Box is seeking a high energy team-oriented Marketing and Creative Assistant. We are looking for an individual who takes pride in their work, is a creative genius and knows how to drive results through marketing. The candidate would be joining a dedicated team that would welcome and mentor an individual that is looking to learn, develop and grow. Your role is to support our marketing strategy and assist in developing engaging marketing, social media content and brand development to drive business growth.
Reporting & Relationships
- General Manager
- Directly reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer
- You will work directly with our internal marketing and products team
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive hourly wages, with the benefit of working with a team of highly engaged individuals that are passionate about their work.
- $18.00/hr. to 20.00/hr. based on experience
- Casual dress
- Free coffee, tea, and water in the lunchroom
- Lots of room for company growth within this position (opportunity for continued employment)
- Ability to work some remote hours
- Personal protective equipment provided as required
- Health screen at start of each shift
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing and disinfecting procedures in place
- Split shift breaks in effect
- Assist in planning and creating the social media calendar.
- Provide graphic design support for all marketing initiatives.
- Assist with updating website, including creating and designing landing pages for marketing campaigns.
- Add new products, assist with product photography and maintain online inventories of various webstores.
- Update current parent resources on company website.
- Create social media and Pinterest content and schedule.
- Assist developing annual content schedule, including planning and execution.
- Works directly with Chief Marketing Officer on execution of marketing strategy.
- Write and plan creative briefs and provide to external and internal partners.
- Create instructional and marketing videos for website and customer support.
- Proof, edit and cross check all written content before publishing.
- Ensure all content is copyright free and is fully custom created.
- Write marketing and SEO rich content for blogs/vlogs and parent resources.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
You are a marketing creative genius with a passion to create engaging and empathetic marketing content that drives real business results. You're an outgoing storyteller, with lots of executable ideas and enjoy engaging with a social following. You have effective interpersonal skills and are a flexible team player that can adapt quickly to change. You are an excellent communicator and are very detailed oriented, not letting any details past your sights. You are a self-starter, take initiative and are dependable. You love to hit your deadlines and exceed expectations, taking pride in your work.
- Must be a returning post secondary school student in September 2021
- Proven success in previous job roles
- Proven self-starter and ability to adapt to change
- Great communication skills and proven creative ability
- Ability to manage social media channels professionally
- Skilled with graphic design, both creating new and updated existing files
- Top notch organizational skills and project management skills
- Proven success working in a team environment
- Post Secondary Student with a focus on marketing, E-commerce, graphic design, brand development or specific fields related to marketing.
- Familiarity with fast paced environments and understands humility and urgency to all they do.
- Experience with marketing campaigns, business administration, and website management.
- Experience with an E-commerce marketing role would be an asset.
Position Success Traits
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Uses effective tools and techniques to communicate information internally and externally.
- High proficiency in written and oral form.
Flexibility / Adaptability
- Adjusts own behaviors to work successfully in light of new information, and/or changing direction and environments.
- Is willing to adapt and do what is necessary to get the desired results.
- Accepts regular feedback from superiors and adjusts as required.
- Adapts well to and supports change.
- Accepts changing priorities and direction.
Planning / Organization Skills / Time Management
- Sets the right priorities when completing projects and tasks.
- Monitor's progress and makes necessary corrections.
- Controls interruptions and plans work effectively.
- Accomplishes work in a timely manner and meets deadlines.
Attention to Details
- Thoroughly accomplishes tasks with the utmost attention placed on accuracy in all areas involved, no matter how small.
- Monitors and double checks information to produce consistently error-free work.
- Adheres to procedures and standards.
- Possesses a strong ability to focus on tasks and priorities amidst continuous distractions.
- Demonstrates a high level of dependability and responsibility in all aspects of the job.
- Demonstrates punctuality and a sense of trust and reliability.
- Shows commitment and dedication to complete tasks on time and with minimal supervision.
- Places priority on accountability and work output when working remote hours.
Composure / Emotional Maturity
- Maintains composure when provoked, under intense pressure, or faced with multiple priorities.
- Restrains emotional impulses and responds calmly.
- Understands how one's actions affect others.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Email your cover letter and resume in one PDF file by June 16, 2021, to email@example.com
Be sure to include the following in the subject line or your application may not reach us properly:
- Your first and last name
- Job Title "Marketing and Creative Assistant"
- Position number CB-MA-061421
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only-no fax or mail applications please-and request that you do not phone.
All applicants will receive an automated email response confirming receipt of their application submission.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Periodic updates regarding recent postings may be published on our website Careers page once the application deadline has passed.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Curiosity Box.