Supervisor of Community Mental Health Treatment Services
Craigwood is meeting the needs of today and building an organization for future generations. An organization where everyone is welcome. Come build it with us. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We are building a strong and robust team of inspiring and thought provoking leaders. Craigwood welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous People, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ2IA+ persons.
We are seeking an emotionally intelligent clinical leader to help us meet the mental health needs of children, youth and families in the London /Middlesex Region. We are a fully accredited not-for-profit Child, Youth and Family mental health centre providing a full spectrum of innovative treatment and counselling programs.
As a member of our management team and reporting to the Service Director, the incumbent will lead our Community programs including Individual, family and group Counselling and Psychotherapy, Intensive Family Home-based Service, Day Treatment, and our Crisis/Intake service (with two partner agencies). You will have demonstrated skills in child and adolescent mental health treatment, individual, family and group counselling, evidence-informed practices, staff supervision, legislative compliance and client responsive service. You will provide clinical supervision for our Master’s level Therapists and Child and Youth counsellors, inspire program staff in implementing evidence informed practices, continuous quality improvement and meeting regulatory, contractual, performance, and accreditation standards.
Required & Essential qualifications:
- A Masters’ Degree in Social Work or other relevant disciplines
- Current member in good standing with applicable regulatory body
- 5 years’ clinical experience, preferably in the Children’s Mental Health sector
- 2 years’ experience in a clinical supervisory role
- Demonstrated experience in program development, evaluation and change management
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, clinical, organization, oral and written communication skills, and computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience and knowledge of the following models and practices: Attachment Based Family therapies, Trauma Informed Therapy, family preservation, Multi-Systemic Therapy, Narrative Therapy, solution-focused and brief counseling approaches, cognitive-behavioral treatment; individual, family and group modalities
- Experience and knowledge in service delivery from an equity, inclusion, diversity and anti-racism, anti-oppression (ARAO) approach
- Experience in leading and supervising in a unionized setting
This position involves some early evening work and participation in the agency on-call rotation. A comprehensive job description is available upon request. London is a designated area in Ontario under the French Language Services Act; bilingual candidates are encouraged to consider this opportunity.
Craigwood offers a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefit package. Interested candidates are invited to submit their application including a complete resume, covering letter outlining your key qualifications and references in confidence by Monday May 10th, 2021 to:
Human Resources, Craigwood Youth Services
Attn: Teresa Pinches
Subject Line: Supervisor CMHT
520 Hamilton Road, London, Ontario N5Z 1S4
Fax: (519) 432-8964
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected to participate in the interview process will be contacted.