This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 20, 2022
JOB TITLE: Telecommunications Analyst
SALARY RANGE: $68,325- $90,357
HIRING RANGE: $68,325 - $87,206
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2022 June 1
The Telecommunications Analyst is responsible for the effective operations, maintenance and support of unified communications solution which encompasses voice, data, and video equipment, application services, and associated network connections – both wired and wireless. Primary responsibilities of the Telecommunications Analyst role include configuring and optimizing all communication systems and services (including Microsoft Teams) to address user needs, connectivity and support for voicemail, analog communication lines, and the provisioning of video conferencing environments. The Telecommunications Analyst will administer and maintain service level agreements with vendors and assist in the planning, procurement, maintenance and installation of related equipment and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Completion of a three (3) year post-secondary program in computer or communications technology program or equivalent.
Four (4) years of related telecommunications work experience is required. Avaya ACSS or ACIS certification, experience with Microsoft Teams and familiarity with IP network designs and configuration, experience of cloud-based services and knowledge of SIP trunking technologies would be assets. Ability to read and interpret technical documents and procedure manuals. Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Strong customer service orientation. Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
A. Torchia, Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Coordinate the installation and upgrade and maintenance of unified communication systems and all associated components
- Monitor systems, respond to and resolve service interruptions both during and after hours
- Liaise with school, board administrators and other staff to determine and address needs for unified communication and related services
- Document system design and changes
- Assist with the development and maintenance of plans for the procurement and maintenance of the unified communications infrastructure
- Administer contracts for the provision of voice-based telecommunication and related services
- Liaise with suppliers for service as required
- Monitor and administer centralized unified communications expenditures
- Plan and implement call centre applications
- Develop and promote standards for related equipment and services
- Provide support to the Supervisor, Infrastructure Services as requested
- Develop and conduct testing of disaster recovery plans
- Remain current with new and upcoming unified communications technologies and standards
- Work with Information Technology Department staff to integrate unified communication into enterprise LAN, WAN and Wi-Fi networks
- Perform capacity planning and performance tuning to ensure continued and uninterrupted system operations
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and training plans for communication systems
- Troubleshoot and repair connectivity issues to analog telecommunication devices
- Configure, troubleshoot, and install equipment to support telecommunication devices