St. Thomas, ON
||Jul 25, 2020
||High School Diploma
Full-time permanent position
Talbotville, Ontario (Rural location)
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. In order to help us accomplish this goal, we need to hire motivated passionate people that will support our workforce and facilities. With that in mind, we are seeking an individual with experience in a warehouse/shipping/receiving supervisory position.
- Work side by side with a team of Warehouse labourers to achieve production/shipping targets, including loading and unloading trailers, cart assembly and monitoring and enforcing hygiene protocols.
- Coordinate activities and monitor the performance of a team of warehouse labourers.
- Help maintain a safe and clean workplace.
- Help identify and report potential health and safety problems.
- Execute established methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other teams and departments.
- Resolve work problems within scope of responsibility and recommend measures to improve productivity.
- Develop teamwork and motivate members through the setting of clear expectations and recognize. outstanding performance.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communication.
- Operate various types of equipment as required.
- Participate in quality and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
Physical Location/Working Conditions
- Completion of high school education or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience as a supervisor or team lead.
- Ability to prioritize & multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to direct others with a team mentality and a positive attitude.
- Experience operating on Forklift, Skyjack & tractor.
- Physical tasks include bending, lifting 20-30lbs, twisting & standing for extended periods.
How to apply
Submit your Cover letter and Resume
- Greenhouse environment in a rural area, own transportation required;
- Ability to work night shift during peak periods
- Able to work long hours including Saturdays, Sunday, and holidays when required
- Start times vary significantly during busy times, flexibility is a must
Ontario Plants Propagation Ltd provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources via the methods above or at 519-637-2119. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those meeting the requirements will be considered.
- Mail: 38024 John Wise Line, St. Thomas, Ontario N5P 3T2
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Subject title: Warehouse Supervisor
- Fax: 519-637-2449