Full Time London, ON
Reporting to the CEO, the Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring alignment and sustainable operation of development activities. The project manager will proactively and professionally manage the technical relationship with clients and guide the STEP project team through their projects.
As a Project Manager, you are responsible for drawing upon the talents and perspectives of our teams, bringing together data, systems thinking and curiosity to deliver on projects that create next-generation experiences. This role constantly seeks ways to improve the team, to get faster, more efficient, stronger, and better using various project management frameworks and best practices suited for delivery.
Specifically, you will work alongside our developers and provide the consistency needed to see software projects through from start to finish.
With a mixture of technical knowledge, leadership, and client focused excellence you will oversee both the technical projects and the people performing the work. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the coordination and completion of projects on time, within budget and within scope. Overseeing all aspects of projects, including client interaction and coordination, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, as well as monitoring and summarizing progress of projects with reports for the management team.
Who are we?
STEP Software is a technology firm specializing in software solutions for a wide variety of industries. We are coding experts that work in a broad set of technical languages.
We have been in business since 2005 and are fortunate to have put together one of the smartest and most capable technology teams in our region. STEP Software is a great place to spend your professional day and is always looking for exceptional people. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
By translating business challenges into high-performance software, STEP Software develops mission-critical applications that meet stringent quality standards and specific business goals. We strive to create a culture that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why join the STEP Software Team?
What we are looking for in a Project Manager?
- Be part of the NERDVANTAGE team that is exciting/forward-thinking/fast-moving
- Work with a high-performance team that loves to be clever, bold and creative
- Enrich your skills and development
- Maintain work-life balance with flexible work from home policy or work from our modern large office in London
As well as these skills:
Project managers must possess outstanding communication skills. As good listeners, they grasp what clients want. As good speakers, they make concepts understandable to laypeople. These same talents serve them well when dealing with team members too, as clarity reduces errors.
Other skills essential to getting the job done include:
Leadership skills – taking control of how a project will unfold requires someone who can direct others, delegate, boost morale, solve problems, and keep everything flowing.
Technical knowledge – a background in programming languages, testing procedures, and the like enables software project managers to comprehend what is going on in the development process.
Organization skills – the success of a project hinges on steps being done properly and on time.
Attention to detail – allowing things to slip through the cracks can derail progress and cost valuable money and time.
Prioritization skills – demands come from various people throughout the day, and software project managers must prioritize and juggle them effectively.
Communication skills – success in this role involves written and verbal communication excellence including ongoing, proactive client and staff interaction and production of supporting documentation.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Programmer Analyst, Project Management or similar field of study
- At least 3 years’ experience of increasing project management responsibilities with successful documented project completions
- Experience working with clients at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen
- Knowledge of some coding languages such as JAVA, C#, SQL, etc.
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, including the proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project environment and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Proactive self starter who thrives in both a team and autonomous environment
Email for full job description.
Expected start date: 2021-07-05
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Health & Dental Benefits