This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Oct 06, 2023
Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. and its subsidiaries are Canadian industry leaders in specialized investment and financial services products. Through our acquisition entities and our managing and servicing entity, Canaccede International Management Ltd., we have been working with a broad cross-section of lenders and financial institutions in the acquisition and servicing of insolvent and distressed receivables since 2008, and we are the largest multi-asset acquirer in the Canadian market.
We operate with an analytically driven philosophy that is always responsive to our client’s individual needs and circumstances. Our business proposition is to maximize value of acquired receivables in a cost-effective manner and provide integrated consumer finance solutions through our operating, servicing, and technology platforms.
Adding to the momentum that Canaccede has built, in March 2020, Jefferson Capital, a leading purchaser and servicer of consumer charged-off and bankruptcy receivables in the United States and United Kingdom completed the strategic acquisition of Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. Canaccede’s corporate culture is an open, forward-looking, and growth-oriented one, where motivated employees learn and grow. We have offices in Toronto and London, Ontario.
Our ideal candidate is located in Ontario, with ability to travel to either of our locations to work in office when necessary.
The Finance & Accounting Manager is responsible for managing key activities within the Finance and Accounting Department. This includes the management of accounting operations, financial reporting, daily cash operations, accounts payable, payments and remittances, and other projects. The Finance & Accounting Manager reports directly to the VP, Finance to ensure that the company operates in a financially responsible way to facilitate sound business decision making and timely reporting.
What does a typical day look like?
What qualifications are required for this position?
- Manage daily and monthly accounting operations, including month-end consolidation and reporting, journal entry and reconciliation review.
- Supervise and assist in the development and maintenance of accounting files and records, including accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare month-end consolidation file, including financial statements for individual entities within Canaccede family of companies.
- Work with VP Finance and Manager, FP&A to prepare monthly financial report for distribution to executive team and U.S. parent company.
- Act as primary contact with external auditors for year-end audit.
- Management of daily cash operations, consisting of oversight of external payments and remittances, accounts payable and agency commissions.
- Manage relationship with certain offshore functions relating to accounts payable and banking.
- Work closely with business units and develop understanding of company system of record (Salesforce) to ensure accurate reporting.
- Assist U.S. parent company's Finance department with accounting tasks as required.
- Directly manage two Finance staff – one focused on cash operations, one focused on accounting operations.
- Assist VP Finance and Manager, FP&A in annual budget process.
- Prepare annual corporate tax returns and HST returns, and liaise with tax consultants as required.
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends.
- Ensure maintenance of effective financial controls for the organization’s accounting and banking systems by researching and reconciling discrepancies; auditing and verifying documents; and following internal control procedures.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and performance evaluation of Finance personnel.
- Other duties as required
What type of scheduling does Canaccede Financial Group offer?
This full-time role requires availability during core hours of operation (Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM).
What’s great about working for Canaccede Financial Group?
Competitive total compensation structure, which includes competitive base salary, bonus/incentive program, deferred profit-sharing plan, group RRSP, 3 weeks’ paid vacation, paid sick days, company paid health, dental, vision, paramedical, life and travel insurance benefits, employee assistance program, and tuition reimbursement program.
While working from home we are sure to provide our employees with the systems necessary for long term success, which includes your performance and communication tools. We have also modified our onboarding process to help integrate you into the company even before your first day, and we will help connect you with all our current employees. Our Social Committee hosts virtual monthly activities, and we continue to find unique and fun ways to celebrate our successes while remote.
Employees working from our London office enjoy our open concept work environment, which is ideal for collaboration and team building. Enjoy your lunch with your colleagues in our expansive lunchroom filled with windows, booths, and social tables. Our Social Committee coordinates fun events on a regular basis – both inside and outside of the office. These include holiday lunches, pub nights, contests, and a weekly lottery, just to name a few. We happily spend time celebrating our employees’ personal and work-related accomplishments with awards, company-wide recognition, and of course, cake.
We care about giving back to the community. Each employee is provided with 1 paid day per year to volunteer at any registered charity of their choice. We also provide monthly donations to charities that are meaningful to our staff. To date, we have donated over $40,000 to local and national charities combined, all of which were selected by our employees.
Sound like a perfect fit for you? We think so too.
A culture of diversity and inclusion at Canaccede Financial Group Ltd. is imperative. We invite and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. Canaccede will provide accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation. Additional accessibility information and contact information can be found on the company website at www.canaccede.com/accessibility-statement/
For more information about Canaccede Financial Group Ltd., please visit our company website at www.canaccede.com
Candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter to Alyssa Ryde, Manager, Human Resources via e-mail at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their submission and will be in contact with candidates deemed to meet the above qualifications.
- University Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 5 years working experience in accounting required, preferably at a manager level
- Accounting designation preferred
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements for Canada and the United States
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel and e-mail
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team/group
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization, both verbal and written
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills