This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Mar 30, 2020
Are you a driven accounting professional?
Do you have excellent leadership skills and experience with a range of accounting functions?
Do you want to make a difference to children and youth across Canada?
If so, we invite you to submit your application to join Let’s Talk Science – Canada’s leading national charitable organization that engages youth in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) –
and become the newest member of our growing team.
We are seeking a highly organized and deadline driven accounting professional with superior analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail. In this position you will oversee the Finance area of the organization and be focused on compiling and developing operating budgets and preparing and delivering financial reports.
This is a full-time 2-year renewable contract, includes benefits and is based at our National Office in London, Ontario.
A full position description can be downloaded from our website at: https://letstalkscience.ca/employment-opportunities
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter, including salary expectations and quoting “Manager, Finance” as outlined below. This position will remain open until filled; however, applications are encouraged by 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, April 20th, 2020 to:
Coordinator, Human Resources, Let’s Talk Science
1510 Woodcock Street, Unit 12 London, ON N6H 5S1
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please submit in Word or pdf)
FAX: (519) 474-4085
Let’s Talk Science is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. If you have a disability that requires accommodation to assist you with any aspect of the hiring process, please contact the Coordinator, Human Resources listed above. Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Post-secondary degree and recognized accounting designation (CPA or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an accounting role; with experience working with not-for-profit accounting
- Experience working with accounting software; Financial Edge preferred
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and associated procedures
- Good understanding of CRA and Canadian standards
- Demonstrated initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus and an ability to explain technical financial and budget-related concepts to non-technical audiences
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a willingness to learn and adapt to new technology and software as it emerges in the field