The Building Operator will act as Sifton Properties on-site maintenance representative at London’s Premier Office Building One London Place and coordinate multiple day to day building maintenance activities, as assigned, in a professional manner. The building systems will be operated in a manner which will provide tenants with the best in class levels of comfort, safety and efficiency.
• Monitor and operate the BAS and security systems (including fire, annunciator and sprinkler control systems) ensuring proper environmental comfort is maintained with building equipment operating safely, efficiently and within appropriate parameters
Experience & Qualifications:
• Understand and oversee operation of boilers, chillers, air make-up units and VAV boxes
• Maintain the cleanliness and appears of all mechanical rooms, electrical rooms, pump rooms and cooling tower areas
• Respond to and complete tenant service requests using Salesforce Software
• Maintain appropriate reporting and maintenance logs
• Routinely inspect the building and equipment to determine any additional maintenance or repairs needed and report such conditions to the Operations Manager
• General maintenance and repairs which include minor mechanical, electrical, plumbing and system repairs
• Perform regular emergency systems tests as required
• Responsible for following all health and safety policies and safe working procedures
• Regular on-call responsibilities
• Minimum 5 to 10 years or relevant experience required in building maintenance
• Ontario Building Operator Apprenticeship Program (SMT of SMA) or Building Environmental Systems (BES) Class 1 and/or 2 is preferred
• Knowledge of commercial building maintenance, HVAC, BAS (Metasys)
• Valid Driver’s License Required
• Physically fit and willing to work in all types of conditions
• Strong communication and customer service skills and able to work in a team environment
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan
• Ability to problem solve
Why Sifton Properties?
• Join a family based culture where we trust, understand, support and care about each other. We grow through collaboration, innovation and open communication.
• Opportunity for rewarding career advancement
How to Apply:
Please apply online at www.sifton.com/careers
Current Opportunities, One London Place
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources 519-434-1000.