Role: Full-time Team Accountant and Senior Team Accountant (Public Accounting)
Reports To: Team Manager
Location: Any of our 3 offices in Tillsonburg, Woodstock and Delhi, ON
Bossy Nagy Group is a growing, well-established Professional Services firm specializing in the provision of public accounting and business advisory services in Southwestern Ontario. We strive to provide our clients with nothing less than exceptional service, and each of our Team Members takes personal pride in helping our clients build better businesses.
BNG is seeking conscientious, energetic and committed Team Accountants and Senior Team Accountants to join our team full-time. The successful candidates will have a CPA designation or will be pursuing a CPA designation. Non-designated candidates will also be considered if they have considerable current experience in public accounting.
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered. Candidates may be assigned to any of our three locations in Tillsonburg, Delhi and Woodstock.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Reporting to a Team Manager, the Team Accountant and Senior Team Accountant are responsible for delivering a range of high-quality public accounting services to a variety of clients, on time and on budget. The incumbent will prepare files for Notice to Reader and Review Engagements, as assigned. The successful candidate will execute assigned duties independently and will be capable of preparing files of moderate to high complexity after a reasonable period of training. The Team Accountant / Senior Team Accountant contributes to the team to meet deadlines and meet our exacting client service standards.
- File preparation including corporate tax returns;
- Personal tax preparation;
- Communication with clients;
- Complete all compliance assignments in accordance with BNG’s and the CPAO’s standards and guidelines;
- Apply internal standards for quality, file preparation processes and client service for clients;
- Understand and abide by the accounting standards that are applicable to your role, as determined by the Team Manager
- Provide guidance and mentorship to colleagues, assisting in their development and supporting the efficient delivery of quality accounting services to clients
- Foster a positive, supportive and professional work environment in which everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
Skills and Experience
- Pursuing or holding a CPA designation or considerable recent experience in Public Accountancy
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or related field
- Proficiency in Caseware, Taxprep and Microsoft Office experience would be an asset
- Strong analytical thinker
- High personal integrity and ethical standards
- Strong business acumen
- Customer service oriented
- Problem-solving abilities
- Strong work ethic
- Superior communication skills
- Results-oriented mindset
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent team player
*Note: The “Core Duties” is a summary of the duties that are essential to this role and is not an exhaustive list. Bossy Nagy Group reserves the right to add or amend duties as necessary.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com