This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
St. Marys, ON
||May 21, 2020
Veterinary Purchasing Co. Ltd. (VP) located in St. Marys, Ontario, is the largest Veterinary Supplier in Ontario and is currently looking to add a dynamic individual within our Purchasing Department for the full time position of:
Reporting directly to the CEO, this individual will be responsible to plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of the purchasing agents, to ensure adequate inventory levels, obtain optimum pricing from suppliers, ensure product quality, and provide excellent customer service to our member clinics. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills, a strong attention to detail and a service first mentality.
- Manage, train and evaluate purchasing, staff
- Source and evaluate suppliers and product with respect to quality, pricing, availability and terms of sale
- Regularly assess and adjust inventory levels based on market conditions and demand
- Ensure flow of pertinent new product information across all departments
- Oversee the resolution of supplier issues such as back orders and insufficient product received
The successful Candidate should have…
- Understand and follow all applicable Standard Operating Procedures as required
- Other duties as assigned
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please apply online with your cover letter indicating salary expectation and resume no later than 5:00pm Friday, June 5th, 2020.
Veterinary Purchasing Company Ltd. Is committed to employment equity, and welcomes diversity. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 519-284-1371 ext. 279 and we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
- University degree in one of either Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years in a Leadership role with a focus on Purchasing
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are vital to success of this role
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent critical thinking and project management skills
- Ability to adapt and learn new software
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
- Familiarity with Veterinary medications, supplies and therapeutic diets an asset