Education Projects Coordinator
Full Time July & August 2021
(Summer Student Job)
Curiosity Box is a Canadian subscription box business curating themed craft and educational boxes for
kids and adults, monthly. Our mission is to build creative minds through discovery, creativity and
exploration, equipping families and their kids to create a lifetime of learning and memories together.
Our boxes ship around the world helping families engage with kids off screens.
For a view into our world, please visit our website: www.curiosityboxkids.com
About the Position
Curiosity Box is seeking a high energy teamoriented Education Projects Coordinator. We are looking for
an individual who takes pride in their work, loves to write content and instructions and who is detailed
oriented. The candidate will join a dedicated team that would welcome and mentor an individual that is
looking to learn, develop and grow. Your role is to support our content strategy and assist in developing
engaging educational content including blogs, activities for children, games, and other content, specific
to our age groups 24, 57 and 8+.
REPORTING & RELATIONSHIPS
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer competitive hourly wages, with the benefit of working with a team of highly engaged
individuals who are passionate about their work.
- General Manager
- Directly reporting to the Product Development Manager
- You will work directly with our internal marketing and products team
- Casual dress
- Free coffee, tea, and water in the lunchroom
- Lots of room for company growth within this position (opportunity for continued employment)
- Ability to work some remote hours
- Personal protective equipment provided as required
- Health screen at start of each shift
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing and disinfecting prodceures in place
- Split shift breaks in effect
You have your sights set on a career in education. You are a creative and passionate writer and love to
create engaging children’s content. You love developing games, educational activities, crafts and
curriculum for children. You have effective interpersonal skills and are a flexible team player that can
adapt quickly to change. You are an excellent communicator and are very detailed oriented, not letting
any details or grammatical errors past your sights. You are a selfstarter, take initiative and are
dependable. You love to hit your deadlines and exceed expectations, taking pride in your work.
- Assist developing annual content schedule, including planning and execution.
- Works directly with Chief Marketing Officer on execution of content strategy.
- Develop curriculum, written and video content for blogs/vlogs, educational activities, printables, and game sheets. With a focus on child development rich content and other age specific learning elements for children 12 and under.
- Develop small STEAM projects for Kids Craft and Educational Boxes including written instructions.
- Assists marketing and product teams with content development.
- Update and keep current parent resources on company website.
- Create and develop new craft content for blogs/vlogs, Pinterest, and craft boxes sold online and in bulk.
- Assist with sorting, organizing and keeping craft and arts supplies catalogued and inventoried.
- Write instructional sheets for craft kits, activities, and box contents.
- Proof, edit and cross check all written content before publishing.
- Ensure all content is copywrite free and is fully custom created.
- Assist graphic designer with creative direction on visual components.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must be a returning postsecondary school student in September 2021.
- Proven success in previous job roles.
- Proven selfstarter and ability to adapt to change.
- Great communication skills and proven ability to write long form content.
- Ability to create content schedules, project plans and create age specific learning content.
- Top notch organizational skills and project management skills.
- Proven success working in a team environment.
Position Success Traits
- Post Secondary Student with a focus on child development, primary education, or specific field related to children.
- Familiarity with fast paced environments and understands humility and urgency to all they do.
- Experience with developing curriculum, activities, games, crafts or content for children 12 and under.
- Experience in classroom environment is an asset.
FLEXIBILITY / ADAPTABILITY
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Uses effective tools and techniques to communicate information internally and externally.
- High proficiency in written and oral form.
PLANNING / ORGANIZATION SKILLS / TIME MANAGEMENT
- Adjusts own behaviors to work successfully in light of new information, and/or changing direction and environments.
- Is willing to adapt and do what is necessary to reach the desired results.
- Accepts regular feedback from superiors and adjusts as required.
- Adapts well to and supports change.
- Accepts changing priorities and direction.
ATTENTION TO DETAILS
- Sets the right priorities when completing projects and tasks.
- Monitors progress and makes necessary corrections.
- Controls interruptions and plan work effectively.
- Accomplishes work in a timely manner and meets deadlines.
- Thoroughly accomplishes tasks with the utmost attention placed on accuracy in all areas involved, no matter how small.
- Monitors and double checks information to produce consistently errorfree work.
- Adheres to procedures and standards.
- Possesses a strong ability to focus on tasks and priorities amidst continuous distractions.
COMPOSURE / EMOTIONAL MATURITY
- Demonstrates a high level of dependability and takes responsibility in all aspects of the job.
- Demonstrates punctuality and a sense of trust and reliability.
- Shows commitment and dedication to complete tasks on time and with minimal supervision.
- Places priority on accountable and work output when working remote hours
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Email your cover letter and resume in one PDF file by June 14, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include the following in the subject line or your application may not reach us properly:
Your first and last name
Job Title “Education Projects Coordinator”
Position number CBEPC061421
We kindly ask that applications be sent by email only—no fax or mail applications please—and request that
you do not phone.
All applicants will receive an automated email response confirming receipt of their application submission.
Due to the high number of applications, we receive, only applicants who are selected for an interview will be
contacted. Periodic updates regarding recent postings may be published on our website Careers page once
the application deadline has passed.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest in Curiosity Box.
- Maintains composure when provoked, under intense pressure, or faced with multiple priorities.
- Restrains emotional impulses and responds calmly.
- Understands how one’s actions affect others.