Permanent, Full time (40 hrs/wk) @ $95.00 - $120.19/hr. Benefits include dental insurance, medical insurance, disability insurance. Reasonable moving expenses included.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Lead Programmer will drive the implementation of the project’s technical vision with the focus on a very high level of quality and evaluate the technical risks associated with project proposals, development plans and milestone schedules.
Digital Extremes Ltd. (250 York St., Suite 100, London, ON N6A 6K2) seeks Lead Programmer (NOC 2174) to perform the following duties:
- Collaborate with the Producer to help determine appropriate and realistic milestone scheduling and approval processes for the programming team.
- Regularly meet with programming team members to review current status of programming tasks and provide feedback and direction to ensure technical quality of project and the milestone is maintained.
- Communicate regularly with the Producer and Project Lead to stay up to date on project status and design changes.
- Take final responsibility for high-level technical design.
- Identify technical problems, and work with the affected parties towards solving them.
- Become hands-on when appropriate.
- Communicate with art and design teams to establish technical requirements.
- Ensure the team is always working to a holistic, well-articulated systems architecture.
- Profiling, performance-analysis, and performance tuning.
- Contribute innovative and original ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development.
- Assist development team by coding features and systems not on the critical path.
- Modify, integrate and test coding features.
- Operate effectively as a team leader and mentor, guide, coach and provide feedback.
- Gain the confidence, trust, and respect from team members through effective communication, constructive feedback, and fair and objective treatment of the team.
- Build a respectful, objective, encouraging atmosphere for ideas and creativity.
- Represent the programming team’s perspective on development issues, professional.
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Math, or college diploma/certificate in the relevant field
- 5 years experience in programming/engineering development.
- 5 years experience in game industry software development.
- 3 + year experience as a team lead.
- Experience developing for modern game systems.
- Excellent programming skills in C++, Python, Lua, and Maya.
- Communication, attention to detail and leadership skills.
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Digital Extremes Ltd.
250 York St. Suite 100
London, Ontario N6A 6K2