This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||May 19, 2023
Part-time Technologist – School of Contemporary Media (COM 40950)
School of Contemporary Media
Faculty of Creative Industries
Employment Group: Support
Hours: Up to 24 hours a week.
Pay Details: $24.10 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a regular part-time Support position (up to 24 hours per week). Part-time Support Staff employees, as defined by the part-time Support Staff Collective Agreement, will be given first consideration.
Duties: Reporting to the Associate Dean, School of Contemporary Media, the Part-time Technologist will provide support to faculty and students utilizing studio and theatre production facilities for television and film production and performance classes and projects.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Providing support for faculty and students utilizing studio production facilities for TV and Film classes and projects to ensure that:
- Proper protocols for use are followed
- Facilities are clean, orderly, and ready for use as required
- Conducting inventory, and ordering materials as needed
- Organizing prop and set storage
- Construction and painting of flats
- Assistance with staging and lighting
- Assisting with classroom activities
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in TV, Film, or Theatre Production or related area
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in studio or stage production
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Experience as a stage manager or assistant stage manager an asset
- Experience in event planning, outreach and volunteer coordination an asset
- Team player, multi-tasker, committed to student success, and possess excellent communication skills