This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
|Feb 12, 2024
The Upper Thames River Conservation Authority invites applications for the position of:
Conservation Area Clerk
Pittock Conservation Area
(March 4, 2024 – November 8, 2024)
Who Are We?
The Upper Thames River Conservation Authority’s (UTRCA) mission statement is Inspiring a Healthy Environment. The 17 municipalities within the Upper Thames River watershed appoint representatives to the UTRCA’s Board of Directors who represent the local urban and rural communities, deciding policies and programs that will lead to a healthy watershed. Our programs and services focus on five key areas:
The Upper Thames River watershed encompasses an area of 3,421 square kilometers and is mainly rural but includes the urban centres of London, Stratford, and Woodstock. The UTRCA serves a total population of approximately 539,500 residents.
UTRCA Conservation Areas provide outdoor recreational opportunities that aim to educate and promote conservation messages to a large audience in an effort to improve the watershed’s natural environment
Who Are You?
As a member of the UTRCA team you will contribute to the mission of Inspiring a Healthy Environment through your skill and expertise, but also through your passion for the environment and calling to support change and make an impact. You will collaborate with like-minded colleagues to facilitate innovative approaches to the work you do in a supportive, friendly, and connected environment. The UTRCA embraces togetherness – you’ll know your colleagues, have a great time working together, and feel like you belong here. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What You Will Do
- Protecting people and property and supporting safe development;
- Delivering landowner stewardship;
- Providing natural spaces and recreational opportunities;
- Making science-based decisions;
- Empowering communities and youth.
What You Will Bring
- Support the daily operation of the Conservation Area with an emphasis on the gatehouse and registration office.
- Offer superior customer service which includes selling passes and permits, reservations and sharing knowledge of the UTRCA and our recreational areas.
- In collaboration with the CAMIS reservation system representatives, ensure the reservation system is functional for the operations.
- Providing operational support, teaching, training and general oversight of CAMIS and the UTRCA’s best practices and policies related to Customer Service Representatives is a key responsibility.
- Provide administrative support for tracking of visitation and use of the Conservation Areas as part of the UTRCA’s Strategic Environmental Targets.
- Undertake other assignments, projects and responsibilities as relevant to the position as assigned
Compensation and Other Information
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a recreational, hospitality or similar setting, including experience with revenue collection.
- Must have a current, satisfactory Criminal Records & Judicial Matters Check.
- Valid Ontario Drivers’ License required.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with the MS Office suite of products.
- Able to work and remain calm in busy, stressful situations.
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including include days, afternoons, nights, and weekends.
- Last, but certainly not least, passion, enthusiasm, and a willingness to learn.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply by February 19, 2024 at 11:59pm to be considered for this opportunity. Please submit your cover letter and resume to the UTRCA, in confidence, via:
Mail: 1424 Clarke Road, London, ON, N5V 5B9
Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email. While we thank all applications for their interest in the position, only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment that is free from discrimination and fosters belonging. We encourage and welcome applications from qualified members of the four designated groups, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Accommodation is available and will be provided in all aspects of the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation and as request by applicants. Should you require accommodation in making an application, please contact UTRCA by phone at 519-451-2800 or at the email address above.
Personal information collected in relation to the recruitment process is collected under the authority outlined in the Conservation Authorities Act R.S.O. 1990, c. C.27, s. 18 (1) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. Questions about this collection of personal information should be directed to: General Manager, Upper Thames River Conservation Authority, 1424 Clarke Road, London, ON N5V 5B9, 519-451-2800.
- $26.10 to 31.76 per hour.
- Contract, full time, 35 hours per week.
- OMERS Pension Plan (optional) and 6% in vacation pay.
- One sick day per month if needed.
- Free access to UTRCA Conservation Areas (Fanshawe, Pittock and Wildwood).