||Jul 21, 2021
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, SUPERINTENDENT OF STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT
JOB TITLE: Executive Assistant, Superintendent of Student Achievement
SALARY RANGE: $56,008 - $74,068 per year
HIRING RANGE: $56,008 - $71,485 per year
DATE OF VACANCY: As soon as possible
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 2021 July 30
The Executive Assistant, Superintendent of Student Achievement provides an executive level of support to the Superintendent within the portfolio, and addresses queries and concerns received in the Superintendent’s office. The incumbent also supports the daily operations of the Superintendent’s office and is the executive representative of the Superintendent in a highly confidential and frequently changing environment.
- Primary contact for public and school administration and provide executive level communication for both internal and external clients
- Prioritize, manage, and coordinate the Superintendent’s schedule
- Coordinate and organize meetings, training sessions, events and professional development with key internal stakeholders and external community agencies and vendors/contractors
- Prepare professional correspondence, file, and retrieve corporate records, documents, and reports
- Coordinate the daily activities and operations of the Superintendent’s Office and other administrative tasks and responsibilities
- Receive, address, document, resolve and/or follow up as necessary for all inquiries as the primary point of contact between schools and Superintendent’s office
- Direct school administrators to the appropriate Human Resources contact to address issues
- Respond to and resolve highly confidential and complex issues as necessary and in the absence of the Superintendent, redirect as required
- Coordinate and manage the Superintendent’s daily schedule including arranging committee meetings, networks, site visits and various other meetings
Provide administrative support to Superintendents, Senior Administration, other departmental staff, teaching staff and other employee groups
- Attend, participate, prepare and track deadlines, organize meeting documentation, agendas and supporting materials, record and distribute minutes for various meetings
- Coordinate travel, accommodations and registration for conferences/meetings
- Assist with system level responsibilities assigned to the Superintendent’s portfolio
- Inform staff regarding emergency situations in schools and follow up to ensure the necessary steps are/were followed according to Policy and Procedures
- Review school submitted documents for completion, accuracy and compliance with Board processes and policies
- Report to community agencies as required such as CAS, Public Health, Police, etc.
- Act as an additional line of contact for Parents, Guardians and School Neighbours
- Liaise between Ministry Official and Superintendent for several Ministry initiatives
- Provide information to Student Achievement Officers
- Ensure Ministry reporting is completed accurately, and deadlines are met
- Liaise between Superintendent and/or Manager and Project Coordinators regarding proposed or ongoing capital projects
- Review and reconcile Purchasing Card statements, projects funded forms, special project payments and other expense reports in accordance with Board policy
- Develop reports for Administrative Council, Board, and committee meetings.
- Coordinate the transfer of student records
- Administer the home instruction program
- Monitor accounts including committee, school, furniture and equipment and casual accounts and refer concerns to the Superintendent
- Research and coordinate funding requests within specified timelines
- Order and maintain office equipment, supplies, literature, and other items as requested
- Prepare and submit absence reports
- Provide assistance to other Superintendents as required
- Ability to problem solve issues, multi-task, prioritize, maintain confidentiality, and exercise sound judgement in stressful situations
- Proficient in computer systems such as Outlook 365, MS Office Suite, etc.
- Understanding of Collective Agreements, the Education Act, Board Policy and Procedures, School Operations, Freedom of Information, Custodial Access Rights, Employment Law, Children’s Law Reform Act, Youth Criminal Justice Act and Ontario Health and Safety Act
- Posses project management, technical writing, accounting, and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
The recruitment process requires a criminal background check for work with vulnerable persons.
- Completion of a one (1) year Post Secondary Certificate in Business, Administration or equivalent
- Three (3) years of related work experience is required
Please note it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is received by Human Resources on or before the deadline date.
If you were educated outside of Canada, you must have your certificates and/or diplomas or degrees assessed against Canadian education standards. This will enable you to provide proof of Canadian equivalency when applying for a job. The Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada is a membership organization that offers fair and credible academic credential assessment services in Canada. (NOTE: This is different from translating credentials into English).
Please use the "APPLY FOR THIS POSITION" link below to submit your electronic application. Only applications submitted using this link will be considered.
The Thames Valley District School Board is committed to equity and inclusion in the recruitment of qualified staff who reflect and support the diverse perspectives, experiences and needs of our students and school communities. The Thames Valley District School Board seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform the Human Resources team member indicated below of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
E. Usanovic, Acting Staffing Specialist, Human Resources
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.