This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Feb 05, 2020
||College Diploma (3 years)
Law Clerk – Insurance Defence
We are currently seeking an Insurance Defence Law Clerk to join our team in our London office. The successful candidate will be organized and proactive.
Main areas of responsibility:
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Brief/organize client file contents and subsequent productions
- Draft/prepare affidavits of documents
- Prepare detailed summaries of productions
- Correspond with opposing counsel for timely exchange of documents
- Review discovery transcripts as required and prepare undertakings charts, following up regularly on outstanding undertakings and prompting for motions;
- Prepare discovery plans, production agreements
- Follow up on productions consistently
- Schedule defence medicals and prepare medical briefs for expert review
- Arrange surveillance and prepare surveillance summaries
- Prepare files for mediation, settlement conferences, arbitrations and trials including witness lists, summons to witness, notice of intention and briefs.
- Liaise with clients, experts and witnesses; help build strong client relationships through compliance
Competitive salary and benefits package. Qualified candidates may submit their resumes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate position in Subject line of email.
Reisler Law PC provides accommodation for applicants with disabilities during all aspects of the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com to request accommodation.
Reisler Law PC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidate
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant, practical experience working in Insurance Defence
- ILCO Certification is preferred
- Able to manage large volumes of documents and large, complex files
- Experience with Primafact, PCLaw, TimeMatters, Microsoft Office
- Experience with docketing preferred
- Excellent communication and technical skills
- Must be well organized and detail oriented with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Must be self motivated and proactive with pleasant and positive attitude.