Drake International is now interviewing Commercial Litigation Law Clerks to join a growing firm located in the core of the city. Our client offers a competitive salary, benefits, RRSP and great work environment.
We are seeking a candidate with a minimum of 7 year's experience as a Law Clerk with proven knowledge of Commercial Litigation. In this role, you will be hired directly by our client's team on a full time, permanent basis at their London office.
Scope of role:
- Maintaining an effective BF system in ACL;
- Drafting correspondence, including: emails, pleadings, documents, reporting letters;
- Receiving, organizing and reviewing client documents;
- Working with the Document Conversion Team/Litigation Support Team regarding documents to be scanned/loaded and coded in Relativity;
- Review of/coding and working with documents within Relativity database to produce Affidavit of Documents, etc.;
- Scheduling Examinations for Discovery and preparing and serving Notices of Examination;
- Summarizing transcripts and working with client to prepare responses to undertakings;
- Compiling/preparing/serving/filing pleadings, motion records, application records, briefs, trial records, bookmarked pdf’s, etc.;
- All aspects of trial preparation;
- Drafting Costs Outlines/Bills of Costs;
- Meeting with clients to obtain particulars regarding guardianship application files and other matters;
- Drafting Notices of Application/Motion, Affidavits, Guardianship Plans, Management Plans, Judgments/Orders, etc. regarding guardianship applications and arranging capacity assessments;
- Conducting corporate searches and bankruptcy searches through Government and Cyberbahn websites;
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate for this position will possess 7+ years of experience and will demonstrate excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently, as well as in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of Relativity and Cyberbahn will be an asset for this position.
- Above market, competitive salary
- Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision after 3 months probationary period
Interested candidates, please submit your resume for consideration. While we appreciate all applications, only those who meet the specific requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing, naturally evolving to offer a dynamic suite of Talent Management Solutions. Our mission is to create opportunities for people and increase organization's bottom line, through maximizing the potential of human capital assets.
Thank you for your interest to be a part of our Top Talent group. To ensure that you get notified of the new hot jobs we post every day on our website, join the Drake Talent Networks. It's free, simple and quick.
Thank you for applying!