Drake International is proudly partnered with a reputable & growing company in St Thomas who are looking to add members a Welder/Fitter to their team.
This is a full time opportunity that will allow candidates to learn and grow their skillset on the job. Our client offers a great work environment and 40 hours per week. You will enjoy a 4 day work week during the summer months as well!
Hours: Monday – Thursday, 6:00am - 4:30pm
(Summertime till September – From October will be Monday–Friday, 7:00am–3:30pm)
- Knowledge and experience in reading and understanding drawings and blueprints.
- Build welded assemblies for new products and changes to existing products per engineering documents & established production standards.
- Operating other necessary equipment and performing tasks necessary to complete parts to specifications.
- Preparing and setup of necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs.
- Arranging of parts for welding and staging processes
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e. Continual improvements.
- Review of finished assemblies & parts to ensure accuracy against drawings & BOMs.
- Knowledge and experience in understanding standard welding symbols
- Able to work effectively as a team member and independently
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment on several assignments simultaneously
- Perform other duties as requested by the department manage
- Minimum grade 12 or Equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience in welding and fitting trade
- MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORTATION
Interested candidates, please submit your resume for consideration. While we appreciate all applications, only those who meet the specific requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Drake International continues to be a global leader in flexible and permanent staffing, naturally evolving to offer a dynamic suite of Talent Management Solutions. Our mission is to create opportunities for people and increase organization's bottom line, through maximizing the potential of human capital assets.
Thank you for your interest to be a part of our Top Talent group. To ensure that you get notified of the new hot jobs we post every day on our website, join the Drake Talent Networks. It's free, simple and quick.
Thank you for applying!