This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jul 23, 2021
Manager, Campus Store Operations (RSV 40154)
Retail, Residence and Conference Services
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Full-time
Closing Date: August 6, 2021
Note: This role will work remotely until regular operations are resumed.
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Duties: Under the direction of the Senior Manager, Retail Services, the Manager, Campus Stores Operations. is accountable for effective operations of the various Retail Services locations and development and coordination of emerging online bookstore operations and delivery of digital products including Textbooks, Course Packs, Digital Resources, Access Codes, Course Kits and Uniforms. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing the Bookstore, Clothing Store, Variety Store, Technology department and Promotion and Web Development. This includes overseeing the purchase, inventory control, merchandising and sales promotion for all General Merchandise products sold in the Campus Store and web store.
This role is also responsible for the effective oversight, delivery of product and sales planning to outlying campus locations in Woodstock, St Thomas, Clinton, Simcoe and downtown locations. The incumbent will provide day-to-day leadership of Retail Operations, including leadership, recruitment, performance management scheduling, and professional development of staff reporting to the position.
The incumbent, in conjunction with the Senior Manager, is responsible for the administrative operations of Retail Services as it pertains to development, planning and maintaining of budgets, resource allocation, and facilities planning in support of the academic learning environment. This includes researching, recommending and implementing emerging online retail options and experiences for students related to new and changing methods of academic delivery.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 3 -ear diploma/degree in related disciplines such as Business, Finance, Accounting or Management studies
- Minimum 7 years progressive work experience in related retail sales field within a high-volume environment and a proven record of established sales and profit targets
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Solid customer service skills, budget control and forecasting
- Management experience with strong leadership skills
- Experience in retail inventory management and open to buy retail planning programs
- Exposure to retail management training program would be beneficial
- Supply Chain Management Certificate would be an asset
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills