Do you want a position that is poised for career progression? Have you ever wanted to work for a three-time winning Canada's top 50 best managed company?
We are looking for an Industrial Electrician to join our already incredible Maintenance team for our bran new facility in Ayr, ON...sound exciting?? It is!
Join the Techo-Bloc Team; where adventure and team spirit await you.
We are innovators at heart and love to roll up our sleeves, jump right in and get things done! We live to create and we invest in great ideas. We collaborate and support one another at all levels. Leave your ego at the door, because at Techo-Bloc we are all equals!
- Competitive salary:
- Competitive base wage ($37.45 to $42.80/hour) + OT
- $2.00/hour shift premium
- End of year Bonus
- 40-hour work week is guaranteed + overtime opportunities
- Referral Bonuses
- Modern, clean, illuminated and high-tech facility
- Group insurance plan after 3 months of service
- Company matching RRSP
- Free access to a virtual family doctor through virtual care
- On-site training and additional courses available (if it`s a work requirement)
- Awesome uniforms and swag
- Employee discounts on Techo-Bloc’s products
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP available 24/7)
- Free Parking
What you’ll do as an Electrician
- Work with advanced manufacturing equipment such as conveyors, overhead and transfer systems, robotic systems, presses etc.
- Operate within a multi-skilled environment to maintain the plant’s machinery and equipment, while improving processes to minimize disruption to the production line
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance with standardized procedures
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical equipment, including PLC and motor controls, safety sensors and relays
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical equipment, including pneumatic and hydraulic systems, drives, bearings and gears
- Above all, you’ll be someone who values making things better and has the commitment to learn and deliver consistently. In return, you can look forward to work in an environment that’s built on teamwork and offers an excellent package of benefits.
- An Ontario or Inter-Provincial (442A/309A/Red Seal) Electrician Certificate of Qualification is required
- Completion of Apprenticeship as an Electrician preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience as a Licensed Electrician
- Demonstrated experience with PLC - Ladder Logic, VFD and Industrial automation to troubleshoot equipment issues
- Demonstrated experience using various tools (multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.) to repair equipment
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and repairing many different types of equipment
- Demonstrated experience performing preventative maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment
- Strong problem-solving skills related to troubleshooting equipment issues, preferably in a fast-paced manufacturing/industrial environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross functional team members
- Mechanical aptitude/ interest
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities and working conditions
- Ability to go to the night shift once we are ready
Techo-Bloc produces exceptional paving stones and retaining walls. Our facilities are operated by teams of the highest caliber with the latest technology to deliver superior products. Using the 5S and Kanban philosophies, we are dedicated to a manufacturing collaboration that supports running a “whole-minded” production system, and an excellent way to promote improvement. We ensure our products are functional, durable, and astonishingly beautiful. With soon to be 9 manufacturing facilities (and counting), 30 international patents and over 700 employees, we operate in an exciting and dynamic environment. As we continue to expand, our team members are offered opportunities to professionally develop, learn new abilities and pursue projects that excite them.
The health and safety of our employees is important to us. To keep our staff safe, we've implemented safety guidelines in line with prevalent Ontario laws and regulations.