This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jun 22, 2020
Resident Care Workers - Casual Relief
The Men’s Mission / Hotel Overflow/ Rotholme Family Shelter of Mission Services of London, has openings for casual relief Resident Care Workers. These positions will work under the supervision of the Program/Intake Supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Registration of new and returning clients.
- Orientation of new clients
- Monitoring (i.e., conflict intervention and resolution, security, etc.) and support (i.e., responding to the needs of residents, crisis intervention, listening, etc.)
- Administration of medications
- Appropriate and accurate record keeping
- Distribution and proper record keeping of the Guest Meal program
- Graduate of Secondary School (Community College preferred)
- Experience working within a social service agency a must
- Physically fit, as some lifting may be required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Flexibility and a willingness to respond to the needs of those in the shelter
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Current First Aid/CPR and CPI certificates a definite asset
- French Language Skills an asset.
RATE - $17.00/hr
Please submit a covering letter and resume as soon as possible indicating preference for Men’s Mission and/or Hotel Overflow and/or Rotholme Family Shelter to
Director of Human Resources
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Mission Services of London is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
- Casual Relief Hours (Days, Afternoons, Nights, Weekends)