||May 15, 2021
Together we’re going places! Voyago is currently recruiting for Director, Finance based out of London, Ontario.
Voyago is Ontario’s Leading Mobility company, a subsidiary of Transdev. We’re hiring dynamic, high achievers looking to be Difference Makers within the industry. Voyago continues to advance across Ontario with our multi-model diverse platform covering all mobility segments, including Medical Transportation, Student Transportation, and Public sectors with Mass Transit, Para Transit, and On Demand Personal Mobility.
Our employee success is built on our commitment and emphasis on training and orientation process. Voyago prides itself on the growth of our employees by supporting and encouraging them to develop skills that lead to successful careers.
Voyago believes in the strength of our people and remains committed to our Golden Values statement created to reflect our promise of performance to our employees, customers, and communities in which we operate.
Our teams are continuously recognized as top performers in client programs and Safety awards. Voyago is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Safest Employers and a recipient of the Excellence Award. If you’re a self-starter looking for an opportunity to demonstrate your achievements come join us, apply today.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Director, Finance will lead all finance, accounting, forecasting, budgeting, expense management, and other core financial elements for all divisions of the company. This role will work with the VP Finance to ensure that the necessary financial infrastructure and reporting is provided. This position develops and implements effective internal controls and accounting policies and procedures. This role will work together with the VP Finance in meeting the financial objectives of the business.
Who Is Your Boss?
You report to a leader who appreciates your ability to lead with emotional intelligence and intuition. They expect you to ask questions, try, take risks, and make mistakes. Knowing that numbers do not get past you inspire their confidence; and, the assurance that you will never put in a process that is detrimental to the team secures their trust!
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Manages the reporting, analysis, and interpretation of financial and operational data for the company, to include cost analysis, ROI, capital budgeting, profitability analysis, and pricing models
- Develops, implements, and maintains procedures to improve efficiency of financial functions, internal controls, and accuracy of financial reporting in accordance with appropriate accounting standards
- Reviews results, makes forecasts, and monitors trends in industry, sales, finance, general business conditions, and other related areas and makes recommendations for change where necessary
- Performs financial analysis at the highest level to evaluate potential business opportunities, investments, new products and mergers and/or acquisitions
- Manages the development of sales forecasts, profit plans, the annual budget and rolling forecasts
- Manages the design, development, selection and maintenance of financial planning systems
- Manages the financial planning strategies and follow up controls and comparisons relating to both short-term and long-term plans
- Manages the planning process, analyzes data, and develops strategy for financial planning and analysis functions
- People Management
- Directs the activities of staff, ensuring ongoing work quality, monitoring workloads and ensuring activities continue to be managed during staff vacation/sick leaves
- Monitors performance of staff, providing work direction, coaching and feedback, determining methods and procedures to be used, resolving problems, identifying opportunities for development and training and providing performance review input.
- Financial Management
- Identify and manage risk including but not limited to cash flow, credit, interest rate, price, fraud
- Identify revenue generating or cost saving opportunities and communicate to Operational Management
- Manages day-to-day activities with banks, lenders, insurers, auditors
- Essential involvement in mid-year reviews and year-end audit processes
- Special Projects
- Manages special projects/project teams as assigned.
Why work for us?
- Degree/Diploma in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior level financial management role with direct reports
- CPA designation
- Experience within a high-growth organization, preferably in transportation industry
- Strong business acumen and ability to communicate ideas clearly and succinctly
- A natural people leader who is driven to ensure others are successful (Employees and Customers)
- Professional written and oral communication as well as impressive presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation as it pertains to financial reporting
Sounds interesting? Please send your resume and salary expectations directly to Sandra Grant, VP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Voyago is committed to provide accommodation for individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Accommodations are available upon request of the internal or external applicant. If you require an accommodation due to a disability for an interview, please notify Human Resources directly to make appropriate arrangements when contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants however only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Competitive Benefit Offering
- Rewarding career with a growth oriented company
- Great company culture
- Award Winning
- Subsidiary of Global Transportation Provider (Transdev)