GKN Sinter Metals is a Tier 1 supplier of powdered metal components to Ford, DaimlerChrysler and General Motors. The facility, located in St. Thomas, employs approximately 150 people and manufactures hubs, races, planetary carriers, sensor rings, and pocket plates.
We currently have a vacancy for 1 Maintenance Mechanic/Millwright
. In this capacity, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
- Assemble, troubleshoot, and repair various types of new and old machinery and equipment
- Identify and correct problems found in equipment or processes in order to facilitate production
- Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Ability to fabricate new parts and/or replace defective parts during machine setup, maintenance, or overhaul.
- Tooling fabrication for fixtures or compaction/automation cells to replace broken or worn tooling
- Perform preventative maintenance once machines and equipment are put into operation
- Ensure safety policies, quality standards, and standard operating procedures are followed at all times
- Must presently hold a Certificate of Qualification issued from the relevant Canadian/Provincial body
- Knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics and PLC’s
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Demonstrated aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
GKN Sinter Metals offers a positive and team oriented work environment. We also offer a very competitive pension and benefits package. The hourly rate for this position is $35.64.
If you have the above qualifications/skills/abilities, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume to Jody Viveiros, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Although we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Accommodation is available in all aspects of the recruitment process. If accommodation is required, applicants should make this known in advance.