ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world's top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games' multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II. The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™. For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is currently seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team. In this role, you will administer Linux based systems in our production environment. You must have previous professional experience working in a Linux environment. An ideal candidate is a self-starter who is constantly looking for ways to improve the IT infrastructure combined with a strong ability in finding solutions to the day-to-day problems.
- Deploy/maintain/troubleshoot server hardware and other related equipment
- Assisting with backup/recovery procedures and testing backups on a regular basis
- Administer Linux based systems in a production environment
- Assist with managing monitoring systems
- Outside hours support
- 2+ years of professional experience in a Linux environment (Ubuntu, Centos)
- Experience with backups/restore procedures
- Ability to write scripts in some administration languages (Perl, Shell)
- Experience integrating Windows/Linux environments
- Experience with iptables/host security
- Experience with databases considered an asset (MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience with documenting procedures
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: