Connect with us LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Thinking about a change?
We recognize that the construction industry is changing at a rapid pace and we continually strive to be at the forefront. Our core values empower people to deliver great careers and develop creative solutions for complex problems on some of the most intricate projects. It doesn’t matter what your expertise and craft is – there are no boundaries. We are a group of leading professionals with a variety of expertise: engineers, investment bankers, superintendents, estimators, software engineers, accountants, lawyers, marketing and communications consultants, sustainability professionals, and project managers. As you can see, we are a diverse bunch.
In case you’re curious, here’s what the industry thinks of us and some cool things we have done.
You as a General Accountant will:
- Perform accounting functions and internal reporting for certain business units at EllisDon, including invoicing, monitoring and following up on outstanding receivables, and assisting with the purchases and payables accounting process as needed
- Provide ongoing accounting and finance support to project teams
- Perform balance sheet and income statement analysis, monitor and reconcile general ledger accounts, prepare and record journal entries and cost allocations, perform other required accounting functions and analysis.
- Assist with corporate month end internal reporting and external audits by preparing working papers and providing supporting documentation throughout the audit process
- Assist the Head Office accounting department with other special projects as needed
Is this the right role for you?
- You have a strong accounting background, and either you hold a CPA designation, or you are enrolled as a CPA student member actively pursuing a CPA designation
- You are a well-organized, proactive and detail oriented individual able to self-manage and work as part of a team in a dynamic fast paced environment
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are a highly technical accountant that has strong attention to detail and can offer process improvements and innovative solutions
- You possess strong computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel
EllisDon is proud to provide this unique career opportunity within a progressive environment with continuous learning and opportunity for growth, as well as a competitive compensation package.
EllisDon has developed a Pre-Approved CPA Training Program designed to give you the experience and skills needed to work for a world-leading construction and building services company. Our training program is approved by CPA Ontario and is designed to support the practical experience requirements of your designation.
*subject to certain conditions as outlined by CPA Ontario http://www.cpaontario.ca/
Go ahead and be yourself. We'll pay you for it!
We are an equal opportunity employer. While only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview, be sure to continually check our website for other related positions as they are posted.
Accommodation for Applicants will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
Apply today at www.ellisdon.com (or Share on LinkedIn , Facebook)