||May 04, 2021
About Jones Healthcare Group
Jones Healthcare Group is a world-class provider of advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions. With over 100 years serving health and wellness markets, the privately held company is moving through an aggressive growth strategy with plans to invest $20 million into the business over the next two years.
“Over a century ago, Jones provided apothecary packaging to help pharmacists safely dispense medication to patients,” says Ron Harris, President & CEO at Jones. “One thing has never wavered since our beginning: we have always been focused on wellness. It’s in our DNA.”
Through its four business units—Cartons & Labels, Packaging Services, Canadian Pharmacy and Medication Adherence —and its three European subsidiaries Venalink UK, Venalink Spain, and MEDI-Clear, the company brings a unique expertise across health sectors to its customers. And, with a continued vision to advance healthcare with progressive packaging platforms, Jones puts consumer well-being first while responding to evolving market needs.
For more information, please visit www.joneshealthcaregroup.com.
Summary of position
The Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of a proactive Environmental Health and Safety Program. As a self-starter with a keen eye for detail, the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the program, including accident prevention, managing safety and environmental concerns, staff consultation, guidance and training, WSIB claims management, modified work programs, and managing the related policies and procedures.
If you love creating, executing and maintaining systems to ensure compliance with legislative requirements for Health, Safety and Environment, then this opportunity is likely for you.
If you get excited by the challenge of proactively identifying and managing health and safety risks, while interacting with cross-functional stakeholders to devise solutions and implement corrective actions, then this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you are a natural influencer, team player and problem-solver that thrives on responsibility and ownership of a critical function, then you’ll want to consider this opportunity.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
If you’ve got:
- Creation, review, maintenance and distribution of HSE procedures and policies (ISO14001, ISO 45001)
- Active involvement and facilitation of the Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Manage all Health, Safety and Environment regulatory compliance programs, including annual regulatory reporting requirements and consultation with appropriate regulating authorities (MOL, MOECC, etc.)
- WSIB Claims management and managing the return to work and modified work programs
- Accident investigations and recommendations/resolutions
- Management of the chemical review and approval process for HSE concerns and customer product safety concerns
- Hazardous waste management, tracking waste shipments and control of manifests
- Coordination and scheduling of specialized training (First Aid, WHMIS, TDG, etc.)
We’d like to hear from you!
Please submit a cover letter and resume here: https://joneshealthcaregroup.hiringplatform.ca/processes/27972-health-safety-and-environment-specialist?locale=en
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones Healthcare Group will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 519.451.2100 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.
- Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental diploma or equivalent, university degree in a relevant field is an asset
- 2+ years’ experience in an HSE role
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (MS Office)