This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Mar 12, 2020
||High School Diploma
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN / ASSISTANT
We are looking for a detail-oriented and enthusiastic candidate to join our team for the position of Maintenance Technician / Assistant. Maintenance team members play a key role in ensuring that our properties are well looked after and pride of ownership is evident, by making sure they are kept in good repair, and that maintenance issues are resolved in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
NOTE: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) but is subject to averaging of hours.
Under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the ideal candidate may perform tasks such as, but not limited to the following:
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / COMPENTENCIES:
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Professionally and courteously handle all tenant concerns and ensuring timely resolution of the same
- Complete monthly fire system & equipment checks & inspections
- Complete work orders for repairs
- Clean and prep vacant units
- Schedule & conduct preventative maintenance
- Keep common areas and grounds clean
- Basic lawn maintenance if needed
- Winter care duties and inspections including light shoveling and salting to walkways and entrances
- Maintain stock of maintenance supplies
- Be available for emergency situations and coordinate responses when needed
- Drywall repairs, painting prep and painting
- Minor electrical repairs & replacements
- Minor plumbing repairs, including boiler checks
- Perform water and sewer line repairs where applicable
- Maintain company vehicle where applicable
- Maintain tools, equipment, maintenance supplies, etc.
- Assist with suite renovations, including cleaning, and other upgrades
- Move furniture, equipment, materials and supplies
- Deliver notices to building occupants and posting of notices in common areas
- Assist with the development and implementation of preventive maintenance programs
- Other related duties as assigned by the manager
- Demanding work which includes the use of ladders, power tools and occasionally lifting up to 75 pounds.
- Applying knowledge of building HVAC, plumbing, electrical and life safety systems.
- Co-ordinate with trades and technicians, fire systems service, repair, testing and inspections
- Respond to facilities critical equipment alarms during regular hours and after hours
- Assist in occasional janitorial functions
- Identify and correct safety hazards
- Participate and work with health and safety committee
Preference will be given to those with:
- Minimum High School Diploma (strong preference given to those with post-secondary school diplomas or equivalent)
- An ability to speak and write English fluently
- Good written communication, oral communication and organizational skills
- A positive attitude, friendly demeanor and excellent customer service skills
- Able to work independently, is a self-starter and takes pride in a job well done
- Proven ability to work productively and safely while under pressure
- Aptitude for and ability to complete minor maintenance repairs (drywall, masonry, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, cleaning, etc.).
- Ability to lift, push and pull heavy objects (75+ lbs)
- Ability to carry 50+ lbs
- Ability to climb ladders with no fear of heights, bend, push and go up and down stairs
- Ability to provide a criminal record check free of relevant convictions
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean drivers abstract
- Ability to work on call and weekends if required
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively
- Ability to multi-task and remain detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
Total compensation package offered will be dependent on the ideal candidate’s education, training, qualifications, and experience. The estimated compensation package is between $40,000 - $50,000 per year.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS
ONLY THOSE CHOSEN FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience;
- General maintenance experience in a commercial/institutional setting;
- Current and valid Working At Heights, Scissor/Aerial Lift Operator, WHMIS and/or First Aid Certificates
- Knowledge of safety principles and practices in building maintenance work
- Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and equipment required in carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, concrete work and hand tools
- Knowledge of the operations of fire safety and emergency power systems including emergency generators in commercial buildings
- General methods and practices used in a variety of building trades, such as carpentry, general construction, electric, plumbing, painting, and heating/air conditioning systems
- PC skills are an asset (Word, Excel, e-mail/web)
Application Contact Information