||Oct 14, 2021
Professor – Electrical (MAN 40245)
School of Applied Science and Technology
Faculty of Science, Trades and Technology
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Closing Date: Internal Close – October 19, 2021
External Close – Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
In support of a healthy campus to learn, live and work, Fanshawe College moved the majority of our Academic, Support and Administrative operations online to curb the spread of COVID-19. Today, the majority of these services continue to be delivered remotely, however as public health guidelines allow for more in-person services, Fanshawe College has begun welcoming our community back for on-campus activities.
As an employee of Fanshawe College you may be required to work on-campus, remotely, or a combination thereof. Confirmation of your work location will be clarified with you upon hire, and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position.
Fanshawe College strongly believes the key to maintaining a healthy campus and community, and to protect each other, is to adhere to all public health guidelines, including vaccination.
As of November 5, 2021, Fanshawe College requires all students, staff, and visitors to all campuses to be fully vaccinated in order to attend the campus in-person.
For those individuals that medically cannot be vaccinated, please advise us when contacted for an interview and arrangements can be made to participate virtually.
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach courses in the Electrical Program in the School of Applied Science and Technology.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
Approximate Start Date: January 3, 2022
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $66,555 to $115,378 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
- Post-secondary 2-year diploma in Electrical, Engineering or Electronics preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ recent and related work experience required
- Valid 309A Electrician Certificate of Qualification required
- Digital electronics, network cabling and installation experience, and fire alarm experience are assets
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional improvement
- Diploma in Education an asset
- Prior teaching in and academic setting preferred