The ALSEE is responsible for overseeing and maintaining all safety equipment and gear (e.g. G-suits, flight masks, helmets, flight suits, etc.) to ensure the upmost safety of our employees using such equipment and gear.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Participate as ALSE member on the safety council and air safety meetings.
- Inventory of ITPS ALSE equipment on fixed wing and rotary wing.
- Onboard survival equipment requirement’s as per TC regulation.
- Number/ID ITPS ALSE equipment for recording.
- Issue and return record procedures for ITPS ALSE equipment.
- Compatibility of the ITPS ALSE equipment with aircraft.
- Periodic inspection schedule for all ITPS ALSE equipment on and off aircraft.
- Conduct equipment inspection, fitting, adjustment and aircrew instruction in survival, use and care of the support equipment.
- Inspect maintain, and evaluate life support equipment and activities, to include receipt, handling and storage of the life support equipment.
- Use appropriate references and other publicizations to maintain appropriate and thorough records, maintenance and inspection forms, training aids, and on-board aircraft survival equipment.
- Assist the safety of the shop, hanger and flight line.
- Conduct life support and survival continuation training for assigned personnel.
- Plan and perform inspections on ITPS ALSE equipment for aircrews as per established procedures,
- Carry out periodic inspections on various survival equipment used by ITPS,
- Maintain the ITPS ALSE inventory,
- Fit new ITPS students and aircrew with ALSE equipment,
- Order the required equipment for new personnel as direct,
- Perform repairs on ALSE equipment, as detailed in established procedures,
- Participate in seat removal/installations as required,
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all ALSE related topic, including the ejection seat,
- Maintain the ALSE Support Centre in a clean and tidy condition,
- Pursue initiatives to improve ALSE equipment in an economical fashion,
- Perform general administrative duties related to the ALSE Support Centre operation,
- Carry out dinghy drill and emergency egress training to ITPS students and aircrew personnel,
- Develop and perform training on ITPS ALSE equipment inspections to other ITPS technicians,
- Maintain compliance with all ITPS policies and procedures.
- If available, assist in flight line prep and procedures.
- Perform other duties as instructed by supervisor.
- Must have completed Aircraft Life Savings Equipment course.
- Must have Survival Equipment Fitters Certificate.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Optical Test Bench Maintenance
- Optical Test Bench Operator
- Head Equipment Assembly Fitting
- Oxygen Mask Assembly Maintenance
- Inner Helmet Assembly Maintenance
- Outer Helmet Assembly Maintenance
- Equipment related certification an asset.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience.
- Have leadership, communications, and people skills and the ability to accept responsibility.
- Attention to detail and results oriented.
For more information please visit: http://www.itpscanada.com