3M is seeking a Bilingual Technical Service Engineering Specialist for its Personal Safety Division team located in either Brockville or London, Ontario. The successful candidate will make an impact by utilizing their occupational health and safety knowledge to work with customers, distributors, and internal employees on the PSD Technical Helpline for 3M Canada. Product training will be provided.
Hours of work are M-F 8-4:30
- Answer technical questions that come in through the PSD Technical Helpline and website (assisting employees and distributors to properly select, use, and maintain health and safety related products such as fall protection, respiratory protection, hearing protection, coveralls, head protection, eye and face protection, and welding helmets)
- Assist with databases, collection of customer feedback, and measurement of customer satisfaction
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline from an accredited University
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in working with Microsoft Office
- Able to pass a Controlled Goods Clearance check *MANDATORY*
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills
- Proficiency at oral and written communications in both official languages
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Industrial Hygiene or related discipline from an accredited University
- Master’s degree in one of the sciences or engineering from an accredited university
- Professional certification (CIH, CSP) in occupational health and safety (or related field)
- Knowledge of Canadian health and safety regulations
- Minimum of one (1) year combined experience technical service and/or occupational health and safety / PPE experience or related experience
- Experience in communicating health and safety knowledge in a call center and/or customer service environment an asset
- Desire to interact with customers over the phone
- Proficient in entering data to help maintain and utilize customer and knowledge management databases
Travel: In this role, you will be required to travel less than 5% of the time, which may involve overnight stays. A valid driver’s license is required.
Relocation: Not offered
What We Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan, RSP plan, Stock Purchase Plan, Incentive Plan, and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Paid time off over the winter holidays
- Health & Wellness subsidies
- Individual Development Plan and Tuition Reimbursement Program
Apply here: Bilingual Tech Serv. Eng. Specialist
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We work to reflect the diversity of our global customers, suppliers and channel partners, and build on each individual employee’s abilities.
At 3M, we know that inclusion is the key to unlocking the power of our diversity. An inclusive culture is one that supports and appreciates differences, and provides fair and equal opportunities for everyone. It’s a place where people realize they are respected for their whole and unique selves, and that they belong. Inclusion leads to engagement, which in turn fosters the collaboration, creativity and innovation that drive long-term growth – for 3M as well as for our people and our teams.