||Jul 28, 2020
Join the Great Lakes Copper team!
Great Lakes Copper Ltd. is a division of Mueller Industries located in London, Ontario.
Great Lakes has been in business since 1958 as a fully integrated copper tube mill producing a broad assortment of high-quality products. We proudly sell copper tubes, fittings and valves in both Canada and the United State and have enjoyed servicing our clients for over 60 years.
Our Buyer will work closely with maintenance and operations staff to find optimal products, and support the purchasing and negotiation process.
Main responsibilities include:
- Timely and cost-effective procurement and ordering of MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Operational) items and services.
- Ordering scheduling delivery of copper WIP, and FG
- Managing daily copper pricing with suppliers
- Remaining abreast of pricing trends, changes, restrictions, or any other variables that could affect purchasing strategies
- Preparing and administering bids, requests for quotes, requests for proposal, request for information and another vendor documentation
- Routinely identifying cost saving opportunities
- Organizing, coordinating and periodically conducting vendor site visits & audits
- Adhering to and updating the SDS database as required
- Evaluating and managing existing vendor base by maintaining communication and relationships as well as completing vendor evaluation
- Managing vendor returns and coordinating activity
- Managing customs requirements; coordinating details and liaising with customs brokers
We provide a competitive salary and benefits package, including a defined contribution profit sharing pension plan and an employee incentive program.
If this opportunity is of interest to you and you are capable of performing all job functions, please reply to email@example.com with your resume and salary expectations. We appreciate all applicants however only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
If you wish to be considered for our team, please send your resume to: Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great Lakes Copper Ltd is an equal opportunity employer
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request during the interview process. To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please email Suzanne.Jaekel@glcopper.com or call (519)455-0770, ext. 285.
- A degree or diploma in the field and current enrollment in Supply Chain Management / Purchasing certification program.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Supply Chain Management, preferably in the manufacturing environment
- Effective negotiation and communication skills
- Proven experience with inventory management
- Ability to evaluate (sometimes complex) situations using multiple sources of information
- Understanding of supply management and its impact on financials
- Ability to visualize and analyze data, ideally from pivot tables
- Experience/proficiency with an ERP system
- Proficiency with MS (Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Mechanical aptitude, an asset
- Buying commodity and hedging experience, an asset