Position Type: Full-time / Permanent
Location: London, Ontario
Experience: 2-3 Years
Education: College Diploma
Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone parts specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber moulding for health care and automotive industries.
Located in London since 2004, our Austrian mother company has been expanding world-wide since 1974. Our proprietary, fully automated, world-class technologies and high quality products, combined with creative, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing technologies allow us to deliver high quality products.
We require a Quality Assurance team member who will be responsible for:
Are you passionate about quality and continuous improvement?
Do you enjoy the challenge of a high tech manufacturing environment?
Additional responsibilities include:
- The auditing and measuring of the production part process while working with Production and Process Teams in order to maintain Starlim’s high level of quality
Do you have?
- Performing part inspections, both visually as well as variable measurements to insure a stable process and adherence to Customer and Starlim specifications
- Assists in measurement and testing for new and existing parts
- Inspection of Incoming and Outgoing Product
- Scrap reporting
- Maintains data as required by the Starlim quality system (SPC, Inspection Logs, etc.)
- Serve as a technical resource to other cross functional team members
- Communicates effectively through all levels of the organization
- Act as a team member in 8D
- Conduct other work activities according to established job instructions and follow procedures and practices of Starlim North America Corporation
- Other duties as assigned by the Team leader
- Maintain up to date records and knowledge of Quality Systems
- Support Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, housekeeping and quality standards are maintained
- Community college diploma, recognized apprenticeship or equivalent
- 2-3 years’ of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
Successful candidate will also have:
- Operational knowledge of quality inspection, statistical process control and documentation
- Measuring & layout inspection experience preferred
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please apply using the following link https://starlimna.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=70
Starlim is an equal employment opportunity employer and offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment. For assistance with accommodation issues regarding the submission of your resume please contact Starlim North America Human Resources.
- Understanding and use of GT&D
- The ability to read part drawings and specifications
- Experience processing suspect material (Blocking, release and improvement cycle)
- Working knowledge of auditing of products, 5S or LPA or Process
- Excellent vision
- Be able to distinguish between colours
- Attention to details and be highly organized
- Good mathematical skills
- Basic working knowledge of an ERP system
- Good oral and written communications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Programs - Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Be able to work all shifts including days, afternoons, nights, and weekends