This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 13, 2020
Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
On behalf of our global client in London operating in the Food industry I am recruiting for qualified Industrial Mechanic’s for full-time, permanent positions. The selected candidate would be considered for career development and training opportunities in addition to participation in the union.
Wage: $33.60 / hourly + Shift Premium for nights of $3.00 per hour ($36.60)
Hours of Work / Shifts: Straight 8-hour shifts, scheduled 40 hours per week.
- EARLY Day Shift (4:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) OR Night Shift (11 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.)
- Overtime as needed, paid after 44 hours per week
Technical Job Duties:
- Certificate of Qualification – Millwright (433A)
- Production or Manufacturing Experience as a Licensed Tradesman is preferred
- Comfortable working under special work conditions, such as hot or cold environments.
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively and lead within a team environment
- Ability to pass a clear criminal background check and 2 positive supervisory references
- Good verbal and written communication
- Basic computer skills
- Perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves and work in confined spaces
- Able to work in elevated areas, operate machinery, operate heavy equipment
- Former Forklift Certifications with prior experience considered an asset
- Able to perform maintenance trades including electrical, machinist, welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance and hydraulic and pneumatic
- Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
- Basic knowledge of industrial safety, food safety and environmental regulations with absolute commitment to safety
- Strong problem-solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the Maintenance Reliability process (predictive and preventative maintenance) and Predictive Technologies
- Automation control, boiler and steam systems training and experience an asset
- Welding certification and/or other trade experience
- Ability to read blueprints and layout drawings
- Operate motorized vehicles with components used to move or lift products, equipment, or materials within and amongst destinations (warehouses, storage yards, plant factories, railroad stations, offices, etc.)
- Comply with corporate policies and procedures related to Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR)
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Please submit your resume’s by email with ‘Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)’ in the subject line to Kaitlyn.Kirby@ExpressPros.com.