Housekeeper – Department of Physical Plant (Job Ref #202007-05C), (3 positions available)
In this physically demanding role, the incumbent is expected to:
- maintain the highest level of cleanliness, organization and professionalism in all areas of the college
- clean and maintain many areas, including lounges, halls, residences, washroom facilities, offices, etc.
- prepare work orders
- assist with fire drills
- ensure entrances to assigned areas are free of ice and snow
- assist custodians as required and fulfill all other duties as assigned
- work in a safe manner and support all safety initiatives
PLEASE NOTE – This is a physically demanding role. Must be able to climb staircases while carrying items, vacuum, kneel, bend and complete work overhead. Must be able to exert 10lbs of force on a constant basis. May be required to lift up to 50lbs occasionally.
- a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar role, ideally in an educational environment, the hospitality industry, hospital or retirement facility
- must be capable of performing all housekeeping tasks assigned in a fast paced environment
- must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- must exhibit the highest level of professionalism at all times
- must have above average organizational and prioritization skills combined with a high degree of flexibility
- will be expected to determine job priorities based on established schedules
- experience in infection control and cross contamination control is an asset.
- previous safety training is an asset
- familiarity with email and computers is preferred
TYPE OF JOB:
Full Time (40 hours per week)
August 24, 2020 to December 24, 2020
SSG40-3 - $44,113 to $53,746 per annum (dependent on experience)
Submit a letter of application, resume, and names of three references. Please quote the Job Reference # in your application. Interested persons may apply to: Human Resources, King’s University College, 266 Epworth Avenue, London, Ontario, N6A 2M3. email@example.com.
Job candidates will be asked to provide a satisfactory vulnerable persons police clearance within 3 months of hire date.
Job description available upon request.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
July 29, 2020 at 4:30pm
The College is committed to advancing the Catholic intellectual tradition and welcomes faculty, staff and students from all faiths and backgrounds.
King’s University College is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities.
King’s University College is committed to recognizing the dignity and independence of all and seeks to ensure that persons with disabilities have genuine, open and unhindered access to the College’s employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-433-3491