Apply by sending Resume and cover letter to
BusinessTech, a leading Managed Service Provider in London, is looking for an Intermediate IT Technician to join our team and help shape the technology future of our small business customers in the London area.
You're enthusiastic about new technologies and have a proven track record maintaining server, network and cloud infrastructure.
You're equally comfortable working with traditional on-prem virtualized infrastructure and Microsoft Azure's cloud computing platform.
You're looked upon as an innovator by your colleagues and teammates and are eager to test the water with new challenges.
You're comfortable working directly with clients, building rapport, operating within the small business budget, and problem-solving unique challenges.
This is a fast-paced industry. You'll have lots of autonomy and exposure to a wide variety of IT environments.
Nice to Have:
- Strong customer service skills
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft 365 (Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint)
- Experience with VMware and Hyper-V
- Experience with cloud backup
- Comfortable working with various firewalls and managed switches (i.e. you've created a port forwarding rule before and tagged a VLAN)
- Hands-on experience with Azure required; preference given to those experienced with managing Azure stack technologies (AADS/AutoPilot/InTune)
- Some SQL Server experienced required (i.e. you can write some basic queries and know your way around an install and log management)
- PowerShell experience required (i.e. you're comfortable modifying scripts and have written a few yourself to do some sysadmin tasks)
- Familiar with the MSP industry (i.e. you've worked with small businesses who don't have their own IT departments)
- All candidates must have a valid driver's license and own a vehicle.
- All candidates must be able to safely lift and carry items weighing 50lbs or more.
What Your Day Would Look Like:
- Ethernet Cabling
- Experience with Professional Services Automation (PSA, ticket system) and Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) software
- Experience with NIST Cybersecurity Framework or CIS 20 Controls (IT security governance)
- Providing tech support to our varied client base
- Installing and managing applications
- Patch management
- Monitoring backups
- Expanding our remote monitoring and automation through Powershell
- Security hardening
- Server builds (VMware and Hyper-V)
- 365/Azure AD integrations/migrations
- Updating documentation
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Contributions towards Certifications/Training