This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jun 01, 2023
IS2 is looking for a Finish Carpenter for a small family run business that builds custom trade show displays to install within Canada and the U.S. Be part of a team, and help build memorable brand experiences.
Responsible for constructing, erecting, installing, and repairing components for exhibits by following drawings and blueprints/ making fabrication suggestions as needed in design phase to help facilitate accuracy between detail drawings and actual finished product.
Pay rate: $20.00-$24.00 per hour.
Determine material requirements:
Maintain supplies inventory:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, and sketches to determine specifications.
- Interact with pre-production to provide suggestions and feedback on construction methods.
- Plan the most efficient means to produce a product and execute the plan.
- Design and construct appropriate crating, as necessary.
- Checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; ordering and receiving supplies through purchasing.
- Maintaining equipment, blades, bits, etc. in proper working order
Construct and repair exhibits:
- Using measuring tools to prepare
- Running CAD software to develop cutting templates.
Ensure operation of carpentry equipment:
- Following standards and procedures and adjusting as necessary
- Fabricate components in accordance with timeframe available.
- Laminate and finish according to specifications
- Using tools for measuring, cutting, shaping, and assembling materials
- Operate CNC router table efficiently, effectively and in a safe manner.
- Install and Dismantle exhibits.
Maintain safe and clean working environment:
- Completing preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment malfunctions
- Evaluating new equipment and techniques and making recommendations to management
- Safe operation of CAD software and CNC table
- Complying with all rules and regulations
- Completion of secondary school
- Completion of a three-to-four-year apprenticeship program
Confidential inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 519 931 7488. While all applications are appreciated, only those considered for the role will be contacted.
- A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college, or industry courses in carpentry
- Valid passport and ability to travel within Canada and the U.S
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Ability to operate under significant time constraints and pressure.
- Computer savvy with CNC experience preferred.